Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Empty weights on various models and engine combinations

Default Empty weights on various models and engine combinations

Hello Everyone, I am at the stage of my project that I will have to make my final decision on an Engine selection with 3 engines in mind of which i will provide later once I make my decision and why. In the meantime I'm still gathering all info to help make this decision. If anyone could provide some EW's on their finished project that would help alot. With that EW also mention model, engine and covering. I'm specifically interested on any EW info on Floats( Kraus Rotec/SS7 Czech floats) as this is my end goal. PM if you like as well. Thx for any info!!!

Freedom2

Default Re: Empty weights on various models and engine combinations

Kitfox series Five (49FK), Continental 0200, basic eight analogue instruments, micro-air radio and txp = 890lbs
    Kitfox series Five (36KJ), Rotax 912uls, basic instruments, some analogue with GRT E4000 EIS, Garmin radio and txp = 777lbs
    Performance difference between the two is astounding with the 912uls outperforming the Continental in every category.
    Fred
    EAA, AOPA
    KF5 (N49FK & N36KJ)
    Phoenix, AZ

Model 6, 912is, Full garmin stack (about 30lbs at the dash), BRS, oratex, 26" airstreaks. 905.5lbs
    912 IS
    Airmaster Prop
    Garmin Stack
    C-FKLO

Model 4 Classic 1200. Lots of modifications and reinforcements from the original design. 912 UL with a Hal Stockman Zipper big bore kit to 105 hp. 700 empty weight on 26" Airstreaks.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Kitfox series Five (49FK), Continental 0200, basic eight analogue instruments, micro-air radio and txp = 890lbs
    Kitfox series Five (36KJ), Rotax 912uls, basic instruments, some analogue with GRT E4000 EIS, Garmin radio and txp = 777lbs
    Performance difference between the two is astounding with the 912uls outperforming the Continental in every category.
    Fred

Thx Fred for that info, should i be surprised??? power to weight ratio!!!

Happy Flying!

Quote Originally Posted by Av8r3400 View Post
    Model 4 Classic 1200. Lots of modifications and reinforcements from the original design. 912 UL with a Hal Stockman Zipper big bore kit to 105 hp. 700 empty weight on 26" Airstreaks.

Thx for this info!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tracstarr View Post
    Model 6, 912is, Full garmin stack (about 30lbs at the dash), BRS, oratex, 26" airstreaks. 905.5lbs

Interesting! thx!

Kitfox 4 Classic 1200. 80 HP 912 Rotax. 645 lb. If I held a part up above the work bench and dropped it, and it hit the bench, I didn't put it on. Almost any way :-) (kidding) Did everything to keep it as light as possible though. Except for the Grove gear which was on the plane when I got it and still is there. JImChuk

Kitfox 7Super Sport Tri-gear- 912uls, Ivo prop, Polyfiber covering, AirTech paint, one MGL Lite 8.5” glass panel, custom Grove 1320 rated gear, all carbon fiber cowls, 2 layer light fiberglass strut fairings, Magnesium Grove Wheels 5” with 5” mains, brakes pilot side only, Appareo ESG ADSB-out transponder, Garmin Aera 500 portable gps with weather/traffic, Laker Leading edge, Kitfox Aircraft’s carbon fiber wingtips. AeroLED strobe/nav, landing lights.
    763 lbs. empty weight. Extreme attention to weight savings throughout build.
    89888F88-C8E0-499C-AF57-90E91279E3B2.jpg

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Quote Originally Posted by avidflyer View Post
    Kitfox 4 Classic 1200. 80 HP 912 Rotax. 645 lb.... JImChuk

That is definitely one of the lower EW's !! good Job!!!!