Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: First Kitfox Flight!

Default First Kitfox Flight!

I finally had a flight in one! Nice one, too. Finally, after seeing that first Kitfox at Oshkosh back in 1986.
    Mike Dean, who also hangs around these forums, saw my "Anybody In Dallas?" post and it turns out he's only a few miles from me.
    He flies out of the neatest little airfield. Just a grass strip, really. God, I loved it! It was a step back in time. Too bad there are so few of these fields left.
    This is back to basics, flying. No nav/coms or Garmin G1000 to worry about. Switch on the engine, bounce over to the runway, and roll!
    About ten feet, I think and we were climbing like an out of control elevator!! But I don't need to tell you guys.
    I'm only five feet six inches tall, so the plane fit just fine. He gave me the controls and my flying was a bit sloppy...I think so anyway. But the kitfox feels so light on the controls, I liked it very much.
    I'm not sure, but I think I had that "Kitfox grin" the whole flight.
    Thanks Mike!!!!!!

Default Re: First Kitfox Flight!

Pooch, congrats. on your 1st Kitfox flight. I sure remember mine. Same reaction. Climb out angle is a little intimidating even with two aboard on the first flight. Used to Cessna's and Piper's and the like.
    Thanks Mike for spreading the fever. Wait until you fly one solo Pooch. Lots of teeth. Now , go get one for yourself. Then remember to pass on the kindness Mike showed you. It's good for our community.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

yes Pooch .........you had that Kitfox grin the whole time ........your welcome

Thumbs up Re: First Kitfox Flight!

Congrats Pooch! I also remember my first, and so far only, flight thanks to Pete Christensen and his Model 3. Thanks again to Mike for making yet another KF Junkie! Let's go get our own ASAP and pass this on to others! Until then....!
    Chris Holaday
    Looking at the Model 5 or newer for size!

I remember my first flight. I bought the airplane.

me too SlyFox ,..except I bought it first ,..then flew it ,.. then sold it 3 years later,..tried to buy it back 10 years later..offered him 30k ..he said NO WAY~! that's over twice what I originally paid for it at $14,500 in 97? or 98 ,..been kicking myself since I sold her.

Chase