Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Kitfox IV Classic Landing gear wheel options for a nose dragger!

Default Kitfox IV Classic Landing gear wheel options for a nose dragger!

Yes, You read it right! I do not need a tailwheel endorsement. Done. I have just bought a damn near complete Kitfox model IV kit so I can complete mine. The new kit has the old style ATV 20" tires and wheels.
    I am wondering if I used them as mains will they force the nose (prop) too close to the ground? Now my crude math says the grove gear "lowers the fuse 2in." (per Grove) and divide the total wheel diameter by 2 = 10" and subtract the 2" for the gear = 8".
    The nose wheel I measured the tire diameter and it is 13" /2= 6.5"
    Will this be a problem for my plane?

Please don't come across with *** do you want to do that for? or anything else. I am building a Kitfox IV 1200 and I want soft tires for my mains and I have these! Why not?

And if I cannot use them then they will be for sale along with the Tail wheel and the tube landing gear (I will sell the tube gear and tailwheel anyway because I will never use them)..
    Ok
    Thanks
    EK~
    Last edited by FoxHunter; 01-05-2021 at 05:39 PM.

Default Re: Kitfox IV Classic Landing gear wheel options for a nose dragger!

No, objections or suggestions. Hmnnnn Strange! Maybe I can use the big wheels for my mains....................................

Well thanks to all that have chimed in for suggestions I will try to implement them all in to my Kitfox.

EK~