Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Warp Drive 3 Blade Prop Pitch KF IV 912ul

Default Warp Drive 3 Blade Prop Pitch KF IV 912ul

Does anyone happen to know the starting warp drive compass pitch setting for a Warp Drive 3 blade tapered prop on a Rotax 912 ul? I am installing a new engine and new prop and Warp Drive is out for the holidays?

Default Re: Warp Drive 3 Blade Prop Pitch KF IV 912ul

Dave
    KitFox 6 Taildragger
    912 ULS
    Whirlwind 70” Prop
    Garmin G3x
    All around nice guy

[QUOTE=desertdave;96649]Here is a good start:
    https://teamkitfox.com/Forums/thread...highlight=warp[/QUOTE

Looks like a good start is maybe around 13. I ll start there and see how it goes.

Hi Tom,

Sorry - saw your post a little late. I do have the same prop on our Rotax; and, back when I was setting it up I asked the WP home folks about setting the prop pitch - same question - where to start. Found my notes

They told me that 11 as a minimum and 15 at a maximum is the acceptable working range (Fuselage level, blade being measured level and measure at the tip with their protractor) and starting @ mid range is probably a good place to start from and adjust from there according to performance results.

Its always a compromise with a non air adjustable prop; however, since Rotax recommends no lower RPM than 5200 at full throttle ( to assure no detonation occurs), I adjusted to my final setting to 12.5 which ensures min RPM at full throttle on takeoff @ Vx while preserving a decent cruise speed.
    Dave S
    Kitfox 7 Trigear (Flying since 2009)
    912ULS Warp Drive

St Paul, MN