Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Conical Lycoming engine mount?

Default Conical Lycoming engine mount?

So I know for a fact Kitfox supports Dynofocal engines. Does anyone know if they also support Conical Lycoming mounts? They obviously are out for Christmas Break. Sort of time sensitive if anyone can shed so light on this.
    S7 STi O-320 currently flying

Default Re: Conical Lycoming engine mount?

The engine mount for my 0-320 is for a 235 Lycoming as is the cowl from kitfox. John told me they don't have a separate mount for the 320. It looks to be a conical mount. There is one problem area that I found on my annual. At the bottom of the mount next to the oil pan there is a stiffener on the pan that will hit the mount and dent the tube in when the motor torques. I had to put a piece of rubber between the mount and motor.
    Les
    Model 7 SS flying
    160hp 0-320 lycoming

Default Re: Conical Lycoming engine mount?

Quote Originally Posted by ridgerunner View Post
    The engine mount for my 0-320 is for a 235 Lycoming as is the cowl from kitfox. John told me they don't have a separate mount for the 320. It looks to be a conical mount. There is one problem area that I found on my annual. At the bottom of the mount next to the oil pan there is a stiffener on the pan that will hit the mount and dent the tube in when the motor torques. I had to put a piece of rubber between the mount and motor.
    If that's the only issue then Ill be more than content with the mount.
    S7 STi O-320 currently flying