Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Headset Ear Seals

Default Headset Ear Seals

Just an interesting FYI. For the last couple of months I have noticed my engine noise seemed to be getting louder even with my noise cancelling headset on (Lightspeed Zulu 2). So I have been somewhat concerned, looking for exhaust cracks/leaks, carb sync, etc. During this time my Zulu headset, which is 900+ hours old, ear seals were wearing out and splitting open in a few places exposing the foam cushioning. I finally replaced them with new ear seal pads and Walaa, my engine was its old quiet, smooth self again. I would never have guessed that a somewhat worn out ear pad, on one side only, would make that much difference.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Default Re: Headset Ear Seals

I had just the opposite happen to me. I noticed the noise canceling was working better and better
    then I realized I was just getting old and all those things I should have had hearing protection for
    finally caught up with me. SO LISTEN CHILDREN when an adult tells you
    "someday you'll regret doing that" believe them.

Default Re: Headset Ear Seals

Just replaced mine on Zulu 3’s. Seam split and foam bulging out.
    Joe Gallagher
    Flying 7SS

http://frontierfox.home.blog