Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Trim Actuator Installation

Default Trim Actuator Installation

Hello guys,

I'm installing the trim actuator and as you can see in the picture, there is not enough space for the nylon washer and the metal washer on both sides of the trim actuator.
    The instructions say to file the tabs, but it seems like I'll have to file a lot to make the washer fit (the metal washer is pretty thick), so doing that will make the tabs thiner. I also don't want to bend the tabs and create a breaking point. Any suggestions?
    The red arrow in the picture is where the other nylon and metal washer should be to my understanding, but there is not enough space. I can push the nylon washer there, but not the metal one.

IMG_5025.jpg

Thanks,
    Motti

Default Re: Trim Actuator Installation

Don’t file the tabs, except to remove some powder coating if necessary. It looks like one nylon washer and one THIN washer, on each side, will be about right. You should have some thin washers in your kit. If not they are cheap & readily available from Kitfox, Aircraft Spruce, etc. You can bend the tabs a very small amount if absolutely necessary, but it shouldn’t be.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

I believe those metal washers would be labeled AN960L washers.
    EAA, AOPA
    KF5 (N49FK & N36KJ)
    Phoenix, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by jrevens View Post
    Don’t file the tabs, except to remove some powder coating if necessary. It looks like one nylon washer and one THIN washer, on each side, will be about right. You should have some thin washers in your kit. If not they are cheap & readily available from Kitfox, Aircraft Spruce, etc. You can bend the tabs a very small amount if absolutely necessary, but it shouldn’t be.

Thank you, John!
    I thought to put the thin washer at the bottom. For some reason, the instructions says to put the thick ones at the bottom and the thin one at the top. Using the thin washers at the bottom should solve the problem.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    I believe those metal washers would be labeled AN960L washers.

AN960-10L are the thiner ones. The instructions says to put them at the top and use AN960-10 at the bottom. Using the thin ones at the bottom should solve the problem.
    Thanks for your help.