Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zipper big bore

Default Zipper big bore

Anybody have any new updates on the 912 big bores, zipper or edge, especially the 1622 big bores?
    Thanks, Steve

Default Re: Zipper big bore

I love mine. 500 hours and counting flawless service!
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

I emailed Zipper Big bore about a month ago. Never heard anything back. About 3 weeks ago I emailed them again, and Jay called me. He is more of the sales guy so in my situation, he thought it would be best to have Hal Stockman call me. That was 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything from either.

So I guess an update would be....they are not easiest to get get ahold of.

I have heard good things about Zipper bigbore, hence the reason I called but I am bummed about the lack of response and communication especially when I am ready to spend money to get my engine going.

A long time member on the AvidFoxFlyers forum has a set listed for sale. Here is part of his add. JImChuk

For sale Zipper kit piston and cylinders 105 hp used 3000 USD PLUS shipping. 274 hrs will include new pushrods seals

Have you tried Mike at Stolcreek? Seems very knowledgeable and he does big bores.
    Dustin Dickerson

Building 7ss STI x 2
    Oratex
    29" shock monster
    EP912STI 155hp
    Garmin
    N33TF......FLYING!
    N53TF......FLYING!

I've been in touch with Michael at Stol Creek Aviation located near Whitewater, Kansas. He is very responsive, and very knowledgeable. He does Edge Performance big bores, and most other engine work. Check him out. easy to find via google.
    Kitfox Sport TW
    Colorado

Yes I actually bought the 1484 kit from Mike at Stol Creek, but was actually thinking of selling it and going with the 1621 kit, just curious if that bigger bore was still reliable as smaller kits?
    Steve

I talked to Mike as well. He mentioned that he also has take off cylinders from 912 ULS engines that were upgraded. They will fill the UL. Said it gives 95 hp. This is a 50% cheaper upgrade.

I have a 1994 912 UL. brand new never run, still on the plywood from the original crate. But, it has been sitting untouched. I am on the fence about using it. It will need a teardown inpsection and I think a Stator replacement? (SB I think) Weighing all my options.

Steve, if you go with the bigger kit, I might be interested in your 1484 kit.

Jerry, this is the 114 high compression kit, don’t think you would want that on the UL 80 horse.
    steve

Gothca. Thanks.

If I do use this engine, the lower compression kit would be the way to go.