Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Kitfox engine options/Aeromomentum AM15

Default Kitfox engine options/Aeromomentum AM15

Still looking at different engine options for my kitfox project and yes still leaning more towards the Edge-Performance 912sti but I also been researching the "Aeromomentum Am15 and sure seems pretty promising at just under half the cost to the competitors and still within the weight plus has proven reliability in airboats. Does anyone know of any installs into a kitfox and if not why is there not more interest here in the kitfox? I'm I missing something???
    Any thoughts out there!
    Freedom2

Default Re: Kitfox engine options/Aeromomentum AM15

PXL_20201204_203834041.jpg
    My airport neighbor is the first kitfox builder with the aeromomentum installed. I'm going to guess he's got about 50 hours now.
    He still has to do a cowl which will be a good winter project.

Kitfox 5 (under construction)
    Commercial SE/ME, CFII

Red face Re: Kitfox engine options/Aeromomentum AM15

Alexm, thx so much for letting me know this info. Do you think he would mind if I phoned him to ask a few questions? Just need a number. thx for your help! You did message me before, Just over here in Creston B.C. Have an eye on your awesome project!

Robin

PM inbound.
    Kitfox 5 (under construction)
    Commercial SE/ME, CFII

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom2 View Post
    Alexm, thx so much for letting me know this info. Do you think he would mind if I phoned him to ask a few questions? Just need a number. thx for your help! You did message me before, Just over here in Creston B.C. Have an eye on your awesome project!

Robin
    Post what you learn and decide on, and why. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PapaDave View Post
    Post what you learn and decide on, and why. Thanks

I'm still learning! the weight at the moment is my concern as with my model IV project is going on amphib floats. From the info I have received with all accessories on the engine the total weight of the Aeromomentum will be approx 230lbs. I know another fellow that will be removing his rotax 914 model IV fwf and said he will weight it for me so i have an accurate comparison. That will happen in January sometime and so based on those results I should be able to make a decision. I must say though, that Aeromomentum looks very promising!!!!