Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vp-x sport

Default Re: Vp-x sport

Quote Originally Posted by efwd View Post
    Justin, you must have figured out something that I wasn't able to. Back when I installed mine, I noticed that my 912iS was not able to be wired into the VPX. When I called John at the factory he said (paraphrasing) that is why we don't use the VPX. I have had a complete panel failure when the connection on the back of my avionics switch came loose. My engine continues to run even when I shut down the panel. I turn off my master power switch and avionics entirely and the engine runs without a hickup. The only means of shutting my engine down is to starve it of fuel or shut down both lanes. Go figure. My fuel pumps aren't on the VPX either.

That's interesting Eddie, I didn't know the pumps and engine in some way wouldn't be ran through the VPX. So they are all just fused?
    Harlan and Susan Payne
    Sold Piper Archer
    Flying FarmFox STI Kitfox N61HP
    Rotax 915is, Airmaster prop
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5A...oCVUP15G0uB-Yw

Not trying to hijack this thread but like Harlan, I am also interested in the VPX. For those who have installed the system, did you purchase the complete wire/connector kit or just the connector kit or neither? Thanks.

Rick

Hey Eddie (et al) - Re: "I turn off my master power switch and avionics entirely and the engine runs without a hickup."

Somewhere in the stack of material that either came with the engine or in a SI, SB, or SL I came across a note that said "Don't turn off the master switch with the engine running." Maybe the power supply system is different in the iS but your note made me think of it and I thought/hope it doesn't hurt to mention it.

Thanks for that. Although I have no real reason for turning it off, I will do some searching. I just happened to discover it when I was trying to reboot the G3X and I tried the master switch. Im curious now.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Yes I recommend install kit with the VPX.
    Dustin Dickerson

Building 7ss STI x 2
    Oratex
    29" shock monster
    EP912STI 155hp
    Garmin
    N33TF......FLYING!
    N53TF......FLYING!

Quote Originally Posted by efwd View Post
    My engine continues to run even when I shut down the panel. I turn off my master power switch and avionics entirely and the engine runs without a hickup. The only means of shutting my engine down is to starve it of fuel or shut down both lanes. Go figure. My fuel pumps aren't on the VPX either.
    Isn't that what you want it to do?

Yes it is.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X