Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Wiring diagram

Default Wiring diagram

All,

I posted my wiring diagram on my site - link in my signature. Feel free to plagiarize and criticize.

Disclaimer and a few comments... I have a 912iS, all Garmin plane. Cheaper ways to do things I am aware, but I opted for something I thought I could do. I am a CPA who is mechanically inclined lol, not an avionics guru. I crimped all the pins while jmodguy and others answered my dumb questions. Documented everything in Excel and then turned it to PDF. Tried to format it as best I could. Aside from what is on the webpage, you would need a page for lights and a page for headset jacks. All of my stuff functioned without too much trouble. I had to move one pin for the fuel sending unit. Garmin requires some configuration too once it is plugged in. Took about an hour in total for that (RS232 channels, etc).

There are other diagrams floating around, I think mainly in email though. Thanks to those who gave me those. They were slightly different from mine in terms of LRUs.

For anyone studying the Garmin manual though, I hope my pages would be a good start. You really have to use a combination of the interconnect drawings for Garmin along with the diagrams in the individual sections of the 900 page Garmin doc.

A big thanks again to those that gave me feedback along the way.

Default Re: Wiring diagram

Where exactly is the wiring diagram; I do not see it under Avionics!!!!??????

Great build by the way, love the page!

Dave
    KitFox 6 Taildragger
    912 ULS
    Whirlwind 70” Prop
    Garmin G3x
    All around nice guy

Awesome, thanks for the link @desertdave.

@meyer thanks for sharing and excellent work!

Sorry, I had a setting wrong on the page. Refresh and it should be there.