Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: TCW Technologies Intelligent Power Stabilizer install.

Default TCW Technologies Intelligent Power Stabilizer install.

I just finished installing TCW’s IPS 4 amp stabilized power unit for my MGL Explorer Lite iEFIS panel. Since my first flight I’ve wanted to be able to have my glass panel operating for conformation of positive oil pressure during start up. Before installing TCW’s IPS unit, I was without that confirmation for approx. 3 or 4 seconds. MGL’s panels boot extremely fast in about 3 to 4 seconds but that is still a little too long for my comfort level. Now I can have the iEFIS up and running during the very electrically dirty engine starting process and know the expensive glass panel is protected and my expensive engine is producing normal oil pressure readings. Very much looking forward to flying with this new install and the elimination of all future anxious engine starts. If you want that same piece of mind check out this link to TCW’s website.

https://www.tcwtech.com/product/inte...v=7516fd43adaa

TCW is a long time sponsor here on TeamKitfox.com. and the install was simple.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Default Re: TCW Technologies Intelligent Power Stabilizer install.

Seriously inexpensive insurance.
    Dave
    KitFox 6 Taildragger
    912 ULS
    Whirlwind 70” Prop
    Garmin G3x
    All around nice guy

Quote Originally Posted by desertdave View Post
    Seriously inexpensive insurance.
    As long as we are talking about insurance on your Glass Panel, I would highly recommend B&C's Advanced Voltage Control, the 'AVC1." Very impressive unit which is literally a plug and play replacement to the Ducati voltage regulator supplied by Rotax, which some people seem too have issues with. Usually due to voltage demands higher than 13.5 volts, and a poorly ventilated, high heat installation. I just happened to find them while speaking with their tech support about needing over-volatage protection, especially so with a glass panel so as not to toast my expensive critical components, Again cheap insurance for the big scheme of things. The AVC1 is purpose built for the Rotax.

The AVC1 was supposed to revealed this year at Oshkosh, but as we know this got cancelled. For me this is one of the most exciting support products for the Rotax which will give me the confidence my glass panel gets year's of service.

Give them a call and talk to TJ and he can verbally review its performance. Plenty of documentation too. You can bet I will be replacing my old school Ducati Reg for B&C's AVC1.

https://bandc.com/product/avc1-advan...stallation-kit
    N928M
    Mike
    West Chicago, IL
    Kitfox 5 Speedster, building
    912ULS, Airmaster 332

I have the TCW on mine also. Works well. I use the sponsors here all the time and they all have great service.