Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Introduction- Hailing from Portland, OR

Default Introduction- Hailing from Portland, OR

Good afternoon, all! I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I'm currently living outside Portland, OR and going to grad school- working on my MS in Electrical Engineering with a focus on electronic navigation and autonomous vehicles. I'm not a pilot, but getting my license will be a reward to myself once I graduate in two years. I'm currently working in the medical device industry, and before that I was a surface warfare officer in the Navy for 6 years.

I've been lurking here for a few weeks and researching all things Kitfox for several months now. My wife gets bored to death by it, but I've been paying close attention to all the 'Project Kitfox' videos. I'm pretty set on the SS7 STI, Rotax 915iS, and G3X. Lots of other details to work out, but I have time. Right now I'm just researching, figuring out what I want out of the plan, and what I'll need in my shop.

I look forward to getting to know everyone and eventually (hopefully) meeting some of you in person to talk all things Kitfox!

Dave

Default Re: Introduction- Hailing from Portland, OR

Welcome aboard Dave. Great place to meet good folks who love this little airplane. Sounds like you have picked some nice options.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Dave, I live and fly in the Portland area, Happy Valley home-Country Squire airport hangar, and am willing to talk.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox4 View Post
    Welcome aboard Dave. Great place to meet good folks who love this little airplane. Sounds like you have picked some nice options.
    It's mostly a wish-list at this point. I'm here to learn as much as I can before pulling the trigger, and it's likely things will change before that time!

Quote Originally Posted by jiott View Post
    Dave, I live and fly in the Portland area, Happy Valley home-Country Squire airport hangar, and am willing to talk.
    I've seen your name around the forums a lot, Jim. I was sheepishly hoping you'd see my intro and reach out. I'd love to meet and see your plane sometime. I'm on the other side of town- just a few minutes from the Hillsboro airport, but we used to get to Happy Valley on a regular basis. It's an easy drive.

Welcome. Your in the right place!
    Somebody said that carrier pilots were the best in the world, and they must be or there wouldn't be any of them left alive. — Ernie Pyle

Brett Butler
    Flying: 1998 Model 5 Outback, 912ul Zipper 110hp, G3x avionics, ss7 upgrades

Welcome to the forum Dave! I'm fairly new to the Kitfox family and have been researching different options for engine etc.
    so I might be able to tell you a bit about what I have learned. I'm very close to ordering mine and, last I heard, newly-ordered
    kits are not shipping until March 2022.

I have found this forum to be a great resource and I'm sure you will too.

Good luck with your Kitfox adventure!

Victor

Welcome and good luck!!! Alot of good build threads on here.