Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Kitfox model 1 tall pilot

Default Kitfox model 1 tall pilot

Hi everyone,
    i recently purchased a kitfox model 1 and was wondering if anyone here has any experience or knows of any mods to accomodate a 6,3” tall pilot?

thanks in advance.

Default Re: Kitfox model 1 tall pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Palmif View Post
    Hi everyone,
    i recently purchased a kitfox model 1 and was wondering if anyone here has any experience or knows of any mods to accomodate a 6,3” tall pilot?

thanks in advance.
    I've seen a avid flyer mk 4 that the builder made new taller butt ribs (the ribs the top of the windshield/skylight are attached to) to get more head room.

I saw another avid that had the bottom of the firewall extended downward to give more legroom.

One other possibility is to install a sling seat which will allow you to sit lower in the plane ( careful not to sit on the pushrods).

I'm 6'1" and have pretty big feet. My toes can get caught on the cross tube above the rudder pedals. I'm adding a fairing to the underside to cover the cabane on my cub style gear. With that area under the floor boards now a little lower I'm going to make carbon fiber floor boards that dip below the normal floor level where my heels rest so I don't catch my toes on that tube.