Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: David’s STI Build N413KF

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: David’s STI Build N413KF

Quite a few of their optional items that are not shown on the ordering price list are in the Accessories Catalog which you can download.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Another couple that I just thought of. I would also order the banjo fittings for the fuel tanks. Makes it so you can tighten the fittings tight and not worry about the direction the 90 is facing. It may not make sense right now, but it could save you time down the road. One of our fittings started to leak after 100 hours and I had to go back and fold the wing, perform surgery, and install a banjo fitting.

The next thing I would switch is the fuel cap seal. I think the STI is much more sensitive to this, is the fuel cap not sealing completely. Both of our planes would get uneven fuel balance. When its cold it effects it more. I had multiple flights that one tank was completely full and the other tank that was empty. I have even heard of another STI that was venting fuel out one tank while one is empty. What I think is happening is one tank is pressurizing and pushing fuel into the other tank, that the cap is not sealed, and fuel is being pushed into that tank. I switched caps and the imbalanced followed. Switched out the gaskets and we have not had it happen since on both of our planes.

mercedes part number 68832370317
    Dustin Dickerson

Building 7ss STI x 2
    Oratex
    29" shock monster
    EP912STI 155hp
    Garmin
    N33TF......FLYING!
    N53TF......FLYING!

Thanks this is why I love forums for stuff like this!