Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Nice Job Joe

Default Nice Job Joe

Flew over to Scappoose today hoping to connect with Joe Gallagher (Frontier Fox) and see his new Kitfox that he is just starting to flyoff the 40 hours. I lucked out and he was there so I got to see his new bird. What a beauty and piece of craftsmanship!
    By the way Joe, I looked up my info on the trim jackscrew and it recommended a 7.5 amp breaker because the amp draw was around 6 amps. I am wondering if your solid state breaker is high enough capacity-maybe it is tripping out and causing your intermittent trim problems. Just a thought.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Default Re: Nice Job Joe

That’s a good thought Jim. AFS has the amps set a 5 amps, wouldn’t hurt to up it to 7amps. I checked the pins at the ACM and found one of them loose. I think that was the reason it wouldn’t work. Who the heck wired this thing? Oh yeah, yours truly I got everything buttoned up. Going to fly tomorrow weather permitting. Good to see you.
    Joe Gallagher
    Flying 7SS

http://frontierfox.home.blog

Default Re: Nice Job Joe

Very pretty paint job on that airplane. Well done!
    Eric Page
    Building: Kitfox 5 Safari | Rotax 912iS | Dynon HDX
    Member: EAA Lifetime, AOPA, ALPA
    ATP: AMEL | Comm: ASEL, Glider | ATCS: CTO
    Map of Landings