Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: CHT, EGT, Oil Temp Probes, Typical Rotax 912 installations

Default CHT, EGT, Oil Temp Probes, Typical Rotax 912 installations

Hello everyone!

Does anybody have any good photos of typical wiring installation of any of these sensors? Searched the site, pics and or comments were hard to find.

As with any wire schematic, there is always room for interpretation.

Example, Garmin suggests running a 2 shielded wires from their engine monitor to the CHT.

Garmin's comment early in the manual says to keep wires as short as possible.

Q: Do I run both CHT wires out over the engine, and ground the (LO) signal wire to the nearest ground point on the cylinder head,

OR should I simply run this (LO) to the ground bus on the cold side of my firewall?

What are some best practices for typical sensors for CHT, EGT, Oil Temp, Water Temp, etc.

Any builder pics of these would be a great help.

Thank you!

oil temp?
    N928M
    Mike
    West Chicago, IL
    Kitfox 5 Speedster, building
    912ULS, Airmaster 332

Default Re: CHT, EGT, Oil Temp Probes, Typical Rotax 912 installations

I used the Dynon Skyview system with their engine monitor module and their probes for the 912. I wired them EXACTLY as the installation manual said. When I fired it up for the first time there were zero problems.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS