Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Naming my Kitfox

Default Naming my Kitfox

The tradition of naming planes is long. “Spirit of St Louis, Flak Bait, Old Crow” just to name a few. Some are named because their behaviors or tendencies, like “Christine”. So, in that great spirit I decided to name my plane. Partly because of the grand kids and particularly because of what it is. Over the last 25 years of construction I have made quite a few modifications, none of them have reduced its weight. Aft battery rack, hydraulic hand pump for the amphibs, water rudder lever, larger baggage area, belly pod and the list goes on. So the most appropriate name is “Porky”. Plus, I am a huge Looney Tunes fan. Couldn’t find Porky Pig with a flight helmet on for an avatar. So, this will do for now.

Default Re: Naming my Kitfox

I'll bet you can get a friend or local artist to put a flight helmet on Porky for little or no cost; then a local sign shop will make decals from the artwork for very reasonable cost. I think the helmeted Porky is a great idea and wouldn't want to put something less on for now and then have to try to remove it later for the real thing.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Aaron & Ashley
    Newbie pilots working towards our PPL. Kitfox ordered (OSH19)!
    Corvallis, OR

So when is this pig going to fly?
    Kitfox 5 (under construction)
    Commercial SE/ME, CFII

Wink Re: Naming my Kitfox

I have said it will fly "next year" for 24 years. But hopefully "Porky" will fly next year.

And thanks for the link to the Porky cake pan. I took the plane Porky Pig is sitting in and started to make it work with one of the other "That's all Folks" pictures I have. Will be another winter project and maybe I'll break out the old Illustrator program and have a go at it...did I say it will fly next year?

My build took 9 years (during a full time job). Everyone kept asking me when will it be done. My standard reply was 3 more months. That passed many times. My Son suggested naming it "Three More Months"
    David E.
    Woodstock, Georgia
    N97DE S5 TD Flying

N97KE RV-9A Sold
    N96KE RV10 Sold
    Rans S21 Helping Brother Build (Selling)
    Vans RV-14A (On Order)

PorkyPingHeartblkwings.pdf

I played around last night with my drawing program and this is what I came up with. Changed my Avatar. When Pigs Fly!! So now the question...On the cowling or on the tail? I thought of the Porky Pig on the tail and the word "Porky" on the cowling like the P-38 "Porky II".
    Last edited by N14ND; 10-04-2020 at 09:12 AM.

Decided that Porky should be flying a Kitfox. This is why it has taken me 25 years to build this thing. "Hummm, what's down that rabbit hole?"

I used to rent a Piper single from a flight school in San Luis Obispo, CA. The school was started by two retired police officers and they called it PCF Aviation. PCF stood for Pigs Can Fly!
    Eric Page
    Building: Kitfox 5 Safari | Rotax 912iS | Dynon HDX
    Member: EAA Lifetime, AOPA, ALPA
    ATP: AMEL | Comm: ASEL, Glider | ATCS: CTO
    Map of Landings

Eric - you weren't attending Cal Poly per chance were you?