Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally the Kit is Near

Default Finally the Kit is Near

Ordered a Series 7 STI at Oshkosh in 2019 finally should be arriving in about two weeks. Could have moved it up (sounds like there was a cancellation) a couple weeks early but had to decline as I’m building a 40x65 barn which will also function as my build area. Own a P-Baron and fly King Air 200’s for Part 91 Corporate but this is my first venture into homebuilts and I’m excited. When it’s finished we have enough grass to be able to get in and out of our back yard with a couple thousand feet of grass available. Looking forward to this adventure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Default Re: Finally the Kit is Near

Good luck!!

Congrats David and welcome to TeamKitfox.com.
    Hope to see photos of that new shop, some of the build process and flights off that sweet grass strip when your STi is airworthy.
    Sounds like the perfect home for a Kitfox. Enjoy your build.👍

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Definitely post photos of your progress. It's fun watching other projects being built. Congratulations and enjoy yourself.
    Carl Strange
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Oratex, G3X

Nice welcome to the club! I fly corporate also, but love landing places you didn’t even think about before. Opens up a whole new world. Of course it’s really hard to go some places with only one engine.
    Dustin Dickerson

Building 7ss STI x 2
    Oratex
    29" shock monster
    EP912STI 155hp
    Garmin
    N33TF......FLYING!
    N53TF......FLYING!

Welcome aboard! This is a great community with many knowledgeable people. It looks like our kits could be riding shotgun together as they head east. My STi kit will be ready to ship out at about the same time as yours. I’m located in southern Maine, so not too far away from you. Glad there will be someone building nearby. Getting excited!

They probably are the lady at the factory said there were trying to coordinate some deliveries my way. I wonder how many they can fit in that truck?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark123 View Post
    Welcome aboard! This is a great community with many knowledgeable people. It looks like our kits could be riding shotgun together as they head east. My STi kit will be ready to ship out at about the same time as yours. I’m located in southern Maine, so not too far away from you. Glad there will be someone building nearby. Getting excited!
    My kit is scheduled to be picked up at the factory October 14th and she said one other kit from them is going out at the same time and “who knows how many RVs on the same truck”. I asked them to take a couple pics when loading which they agreed to do so hopefully they remember.

Quote Originally Posted by iflywhatevr View Post
    They probably are the lady at the factory said there were trying to coordinate some deliveries my way. I wonder how many they can fit in that truck?

They had 3 on the truck when I got mine but there was room for a few more...

Welcome to the kitfox family!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Harlan and Susan Payne
    Sold Piper Archer
    Flying FarmFox STI Kitfox N61HP
    Rotax 915is, Airmaster prop
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5A...oCVUP15G0uB-Yw

Harlan - my FF5 delivery truck driver reported a typical load was 12 Cobras.