Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kitfox, Rans, Zenith, or Bearhawk

Default Re: Kitfox, Rans, Zenith, or Bearhawk

I have owned/own both RANS and Kitfox. Similar in performance with the KF slightly faster but the RANS has the slight edge on STOL (I said Slight). The one I still have fits my mission better and that's what it basically comes down to.

A tandem vs. side by side seating might be all that seperates your final decision. Tandem has more personal space for each passenger but then if the spouse likes to ride, they generally like sitting next to their significant other.

The Rans S21 is intriguing... I’d like to fly one to compare...

You're not too far from Hayes, Kansas....take a ride over there and go for a flight. I test fly the S-21 with the 912. Nice plane and flies very similar to my RANS S7. I would have loved to fly it with the 340 Titan!!! In the end, most of these planes are very similar. The S-21 is metal if that is a consideration. No worries about leaving it outside in the weather for extended periods of time.

My signature says it all. I started 25 years ago and although the company changed hands there’s forum support, builder suppory and experience from those that have been there, done that, broke this and fixed that. Everything is a compromise. My advise is to jump in, the waters fine.
    “I wish I knew now as much as I thought I knew when I was 18”

Building Kitfox 5 (25 yrs and counting)
    0-200
    A&P, ATP