I have an IVOProp on my Super Sport. The original stainless leading edge tapes did not last long after my first flight, getting beaten up pretty badly from ground debris, especially from a particularly dirty ramp that I would visit. The tape would get punctures and tears surprisingly easily. So, I bought new stainless tape, applied it per the IVOProp instructions and soon thereafter had the same results.

After that, I went looking for an alternative tape to the stainless variety. I tried a few different tapes, with varying degrees of success, but none of them satisfactorily protected the prop blades.

I recently came across 3M 8681HS polyurethane protective tape. I bought some of that off of eBay, not expecting much based on my experience with other tapes. It is fairly thin, but apparently is very tough stuff. I have flown into many of the same places that beat the heck out of other tapes, but the 8681 tape has taken the abuse with no resulting damage. I have about forty hours on it so far, and it is looking nearly as good as when it was installed.

This (gray) tape looks good against the black IVOProp blades, and it's great not to have to apply super glue around the tape perimeter as IVO has you do with the stainless tapes.

20200602_140207.jpg