Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Kitfox 4 completion video

Default Kitfox 4 completion video

Hi all, Well it's about finished finally, a few minor bits and pieces left but really about ready for test flights. This was a total rebuild, down to the last nut and bolt. Hauled it up from Texas about 6 years ago with a Subaru engine on it and holes in the fabric. Now has a 912 UL Rotax 80 HP and IVO prop. Ended up weighing 644.9 lbs, and that is with a lawn tractor battery, so if I go with a lithium, I can shed about 10 of those lbs. It weighed 826 when I got it, that did include a 1200 lb BRS, and plenty of weight in the tail. Anyway, I'm happy, plane has MGL engine monitor, MGL V6 radio (thanks Lowell), and a Digitrac single axis auto pilot. Found a super deal on the AP, and so I went for it. Here is a link to a video I uploaded today to utube. Have a look. JImChuk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWh5kq4ox60

Default Re: Kitfox 4 completion video

very nice! Congrats on finishing!

Sweet... it looks great, Jim!! Congratulations!
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Nice job Jim, quite the restoration you did , should fly great with that weight reduction you accomplished, Have fun. Bruce N199CL

Looks Great Jim. You should have lots of great flying fun in that. A part of me wants a panel like yours. Enjoy and Congrats for the completion.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Well done Jim. Lots of fun flying ahead in that Kitfox. Great choice, 80 hp. and Ivo prop. Four gals. per hour or less and when lift struts are streamlined you should see somewhere near 110 mph cruise depending on prop setting. Great weight reduction. EarthX battery will save another 10 lbs. and give you quicker starts. 👍 Panel looks fine. Makes me nostalgic for my model 3 and model 4 with a simple panel set up.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Very nice work. I like those door latches.
    Joe Gallagher
    Flying 7SS

http://frontierfox.home.blog