Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Stringer Installation

Default Stringer Installation

I am ready to attach the stringers and test fit one side in place. I varied from the order of the instructions, and notched the stringer at the aft end and test wired it into place. It seemed easier to do it that way as opposed to securing the stringer to the middle standoffs and then deal with the aft end. The problem that I ran into is that the stringer contacts the aft-most vertical member just in front of the spot where it is supposed to be secured. It seems odd that the stringer would purposely interfere with the vertical member. I could use anti-chaffe tape, but that doesn't seem right. I looked at earlier posts and believe that I am attaching the stringer to the correct vertical member and it seems to agree with the instructions.

I would appreciate any advice/help.

Thanks

Fred

Building
    Probably 914
    Probably G3X

Default Re: Stringer Installation

Fred - Assuming the stringer you are referring to is the one(s) on the side of the fuse (and, I'm not sure by your description that my interference issue occurred at the same location on the fuse) but this is how I solved my problem:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Darrel

It looks like you notched the stringer. Is that correct?

Fred

Yes sir. (Interestingly - I have to add more text to be able to respond. "Yes sir" isn't long enough.)

Thanks. I'll give it a try

-F