Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser CPS Parts EarthX Batteries Kitplane Parts
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5 year rubber replacement

Default Re: 5 year rubber replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Av8r3400 View Post
    Use these (Link) and you won't need to replace them every 5 years. Far superior to the Rotax items.
    The has to be the most confusing website I have ever seen. With that said I figured it all out and ordered two new carb boots earlier today and got a tracking number within an hour. Thank you for posting it up!
    Dave
    KitFox 6 Taildragger
    912 ULS
    IVO IFA Medium Prop
    Proudly rocking round dial gauges
    Follow my adventures
    IG @szmulewicz

Hahaha, My sentiments exactly. Took some study.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Strictly a liability and maintenance plan precaution IMO; if they didn't put a timeline that was well within normal failure rates they (OEM, etc.) would be liable.

Automotive plans generally are 10 years even though the vehicle is well outside of warranty at that point because they determine that is a liability to not have it in a long-term service plan.

Generally replaced on condition for all of those items but have a life limit inside of their normal life-limit to ensure liability and the "we told you" rule!

Just my two cents.

My new purchase will get new rubber so I can reset anything that I do not have clear documentation on; it's piece of mind for me and then I can assume all liability from that point on.

Is this recommendation just regarding the 912 or also 582 and other engines? Seems like it would be the same for all?