Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: 5 year rubber replacement

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: 5 year rubber replacement

Quote Originally Posted by 109JB View Post
    I would definitely replace the cab boots at 5 years. Hoses can likely go longer but the carb boots have the weight of the carb and air cleaner cantilevered off of them and they do crack with age.

Use these (Link) and you won't need to replace them every 5 years. Far superior to the Rotax items.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Quote Originally Posted by Av8r3400 View Post
    Use these (Link) and you won't need to replace them every 5 years. Far superior to the Rotax items.
    Yea, I'm a believe in JBM products. I used to have to replace sockets on my CGS Hawk 503 every couple of years. They would always show signs of dry rot within a short time. I went the JBM route and never changed them again. I just recently ordered new JBM carb sockets for my 912. I haven't changed them yet. Annual time is coming up in December and almost 5 years since I completed my model 4 got me to thinking about rubber replacement. I'm inclined to agree that total rubber replacement is unnecessary at 5 years. My main issue is the oil and coolant hoses. I'd like to find a source of good quality hoses but the sizes are hard to find. They are sized in mm and don't cross reference closely to standard sizes. Thanks for all the good advise.

Quote Originally Posted by Av8r3400 View Post
    The has to be the most confusing website I have ever seen. With that said I figured it all out and ordered two new carb boots earlier today and got a tracking number within an hour. Thank you for posting it up!
    Dave
    KitFox 6 Taildragger
    912 ULS
    Whirlwind Prop
    Garmin G3x
    All around nice guy

What is the low-down on carb floats? Being new to Rotax and having an engine put in service in 2008, I'm unfamiliar with all things Rotax.
    Fred
    EAA, AOPA
    KF5 (N49FK & N36KJ)
    Phoenix, AZ