Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Landing gear failure

Default Landing gear failure

Model 3 kitfox left main gear broke just behind axel would like to upgrade to heavier gear what would you recommend? Have old style bungee gear what would work on a model 3 ? thanks

Default Re: Landing gear failure

Greg. Many years ago when I had my model 3, I installed a grove gear.
    Really improved ground handling.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

I would either install another set of stock style gear, which i have a set i just removed this winter i would sell,
    it is also the longer gear they offered back when new, think 22” long from fuse mount to axel, i installed Randy Moore’s spring gear. Grove gear is good but i hear its pretty heavy compaired to the stock or after market spring gear

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox4 View Post
    Greg. Many years ago when I had my model 3, I installed a grove gear.
    Really improved ground handling.
    DF thanks for the reply I have looked at the Grove gear pretty pricey for my taste however as they say you get what you pay for I need to call them to see if I can get the caliper plate to match up the ones on there site did not.

Quote Originally Posted by buckchop View Post
    I would either install another set of stock style gear, which i have a set i just removed this winter i would sell,
    it is also the longer gear they offered back when new, think 22” long from fuse mount to axel, i installed Randy Moore’s spring gear. Grove gear is good but i hear its pretty heavy compaired to the stock or after market spring gear
    Thanks for the reply may well be interested would you be willing to send me some pics I will have to measure mine as well and let me know what you would want for them Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin Farmer View Post
    Thanks for the reply may well be interested would you be willing to send me some pics I will have to measure mine as well and let me know what you would want for them Thanks
    Yea i can try and show some pic. I have them now but i seem to have a heck of a time posting pic, as far a price on them make me a reasonable offer on them and u pay shipping. I measured them and from top of axel to mount hole for front gear leg was 22.5”.

wow i figured it out!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images