Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Custom Enclosed Trailer for S7 STi

Default Custom Enclosed Trailer for S7 STi

Hello, If someone would please direct me to info concerning a successful custom enclosed trailer build for the S7 STi, I would be much appreciative.
    The STi wings seem to be problematic for enclosed trailering.

Humble thank you to TeamKitfox for adding me as a member. I appreciate the wealth of knowledge that the members here have to offer. Thanks!

Default Re: Custom Enclosed Trailer for S7 STi

You can't do it. Not legally anyway. The folded width of the STi is 8' - 7.5". Maximum road width is 8'-6". So the STi is already wider than legal road width. Put it in an enclosed trailer and you are looking at over 9' wide.
    John Brannen
    Morris, IL
    Sonerai IIL (Single Seat)
    Kitfox 3/4 1050 - Rotax 582 (Back Flying and sold)
    Kitfox IV 1050 - Rotax 582 (sold)
    Kitfox IV 1200 Speedster - Rotax 912 UL (project)
    Piper Twin Comanche (Sold)
    Glasair 1 FT (Waiting to start)

Arising Industries Hazlehurs GA. 912 375 6044 They will build anything you want . not cheap. Then just buy over width permit for your state. Here in Idaho costs 35 dollars.

Thank you all for the info. Much appreciated!

I picked up a Tritons 4 place Jet Ski trailer. There is a center raised walkway about 6 “ higher that the rest of the trailer. I made a tail wheel dolly that rides on this raised section. There are two aluminum channels that the Mains fit in. Just place the ramps and hand crank the wench the tail up to the end. Real easy on and off. Dual torsion axels so the ride is smooth.

Kitfox 7 flying

Quote Originally Posted by bbqjon View Post
    Hello, If someone would please direct me to info concerning a successful custom enclosed trailer build for the S7 STi, I would be much appreciative.
    The STi wings seem to be problematic for enclosed trailering.

Humble thank you to TeamKitfox for adding me as a member. I appreciate the wealth of knowledge that the members here have to offer. Thanks!
    InTech Trailers built mine to specification. If you want it wider they will build it that way. Don't get too wound up about the over width legal thing. Law enforcement is not looking for people like us. An extra 4" means everything to us and is imperceptible to anyone else unless you tell them. I have pulled my trailer through about half the states in the country and the law does not even look up. The issue would be breaking traffic laws that would then draw attention. Keep a low profile and no one will notice. www.blackpearladventures.com
    S7 Tri-gear 912iS - flying since 2015
    Built by someone that did a much better job than I would have