Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Paint Scheme Designing Tools

Default Paint Scheme Designing Tools

Hello,

Are there any tools online for paint scheme design?

Thanks,
    Motti

Default Re: Paint Scheme Designing Tools

I had a sign shop scan the drawing from Kitfox and had them follow my suggestions. Worked out great.
    Mike Kahle
    Jackson, MO
    IV Classic 582
    RV-12is building

Having no little to no patience with "new to me" software, I downloaded the profile of the SS7 from the kitfox website, expanded the profile to fill a std. size paper in landscape and penciled in various design elements until satisfied. Then brought different colors in until the "one" finally came into being. Was a fun process and no computer! Lol.
    Somebody said that carrier pilots were the best in the world, and they must be or there wouldn't be any of them left alive. — Ernie Pyle

Brett Butler
    Flying: 1998 Model 5 Outback, 912ul Zipper 110hp, G3x avionics, ss7 upgrades

I scanned the Kitfox SS7 side and top view from the factory website. Then I used microsoft "paint" software to paint in colors and designs. It was kind of clunky but not too bad, but best of all its free software that comes with most windows software.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Jim, that was my approach as well...except I snipped the three views directly from the PDF file. Just need to save the snipped files as a common image file (such as JPG or PNG). I'd be happy to send the three views to anyone who would like them (PM me).