Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: So. Cal... I’ll buy gas and lunch!

Default So. Cal... I’ll buy gas and lunch!

Hi all,

im trying to decide if I really, really want a Kitfox. Seems like a good idea to go fly one doesn’t it?

Im wondering if there’s anyone in my area that’d take me for a flight? In a perfect world, I’d be in the Ventura County area (KCMA KOXR KSZP KVNY), and a taildragger, but beggars can’t be choosers, right?

Im currently a 737 Capt for a big airline, and former CFII so I’m not a total passenger.... I can help! And like I said, I’ll bring my gas and lunch credit card. Anyone out there wanna show off their pride and joy? PM or reply to this thread please!

Thanks
    Curt

Default Re: So. Cal... I’ll buy gas and lunch!

Well let's just see how ready you are to write a check to Kitfox? I can meet all those criteria. In fact, I want to go back to KCMA after having just missed out on a meal there on Sunday which was my first time into there. Beautiful place. How's tomorrow? PM me. We can figure out a plan. Im located at Chino.
    Eddie
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

PM sent your way!

Curt, what airline? PM me if you want. I'm in Boise and am happy to give rides.

I’m home tomorrow!

Super big thumbs up and thanks go out to Eddie! He flew out to my closest airport (CMA) and let me fly in his SS7 today. Flew over to SZP (Santa Paula) for a couple touch and goes, then up to Lake Casitas and some steep turns and a stall at 40 mph. Back to Camarillo and a nice lunch at the cafe. A few observations:

His plane is beautiful, with a clean, simple looking panel that is very advanced and capable.
    The sound was different than what I’ve experienced with other piston engines. Not bad, just different... kinda cool actually.
    Controls are crisp and very effective... a little goes a long way. Easy to handle in the pattern.
    Cruising around at ~110 mph while burning 3.6 gallons per hour. Wow!

All in all it was great. I can see one in my future... I think I’m hooked!

Thanks again, Eddie!

Curt

ok, I have no idea why the picture is upside down or how to flip it. I even asked my kid, and he doesn’t know... I give up
    E15896E4-3B83-46E8-AD0D-9298A478DFE3.jpeg

Curt, yours was a predictable outcome. 😀 It only takes one flight especially with Eddie and especially in “Midlife Crisis”.
    Thanks for making it happen Eddie. Vey nice.👍👍👍
    ***I fixed the upside down photo. Still not sure why on occasion the post goes inverted. Takes about 2 minutes to fix so no worries.

42E6478F-D99B-4BC4-9FBB-70FD67E6248E.jpeg

Every introductory Kitfox flight from now on should come with this caveat- “ Wanna take a ride?”

Enjoy the ride Curt.👍

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

WTH is with my hat? Some kind of Barret bill?
    Pleasure to fly with you Curt. I think I have flown three potential owners this month while on my Staycation. I'm trying to build a community that can go out and fly together damn it. Too many RV groups out having all the fun. Todd is next if I can pull him away from his new project and our schedules match up. I'm stoked about getting out over the LA basin. Busy place and it can be intimidating. Got a great pic of the Hollywood sign on the way over.
    I didn't expect a return to Camarillo so soon after my first visit this past Sunday but I jumped at the opportunity and purpose. Great burger, Thanks Curt.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X