Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Stewarts System- Revisited

Default Stewarts System- Revisited

I recently covered and just finished painting yesterday the horizontal stabilizer, rudder and elevators with SS. I decided to use the painting process from the 2008 videos, which I found easier as all that changes is the fluid control. They turned out great. My previous attempts at painting with SS I tried the more recent painting directions that weren’t working very well for me. So I rewatched my old dvds and went with the old procedure. Very satisfied. Other than a knat that decided to land on a rib stitch prior to the last coat there’s good coverage, nice gloss and no runs or pinholes.

Mixing enough paint has always been a guessing game. But what found with my technique and setup is that for the first three tac coats it works out to 18 grams per square foot. And 15 grams per square foot for the final coat. I had enough paint with just enough left to not feel like I was going to run out or feel like I was wasting paint.
    Attached Images Attached Images