Quote Originally Posted by bbs428 View Post
Top notch result on the rotisserie and bench! Mine works well but falls way short in the "looks" dept. Lol. I made mine from the "possible's pile" of metal, lumber and such in back of the shop. Also known as the junk yard.
Yeah, that's pretty much what mine was made from. The lumber was useless for anything else and had been cluttering up my garage since the house was finished over a year ago. I had three sticks left that I cut into pieces and gave to my next door neighbor for his fire pit!

Quote Originally Posted by alexM View Post
I'm envious of that bench. If I had it in my garage I would have to push my plane outside. I have used my drill press a few times and have had a bench grinder on my list, but have used my Milwaukee 12V angle and straight grinders (several times per day actually) and find them indispensable for cutting, shaping, deburring, etc.
The drill press was really handy for removing the powder coat. I just put a small wire wheel in the chuck and that let me use both hands to control the parts; much easier than holding the part in one hand and a drill in the other. I haven't found a use for my angle grinder yet (apart from building the tube straightener), but I did buy a finger sander, which I figured would be handy for cleaning up the plates where the rudder torque tubes mount.