Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Oshkosh 2020 Fly-In

Default Oshkosh 2020 Fly-In

My son & I just returned from a great fly-in in Oshkosh this weekend... Oshkosh, Nebraska! Spearheaded by Mod. IV Speedster builder, and good friend, Stan Specht. It was a really fun time in the small town of just over 800 people, who welcomed us with open arms! There were over 40 aircraft that flew in, with some of us camping on the field and a large empty hangar to congregate and park some of the aircraft in. There is only one small (11 room?) motel in town, and a few attendees were able to get a room. We even had mugs for the fly-in pilots... filling in what was going to be an empty slot in my collection! There were 3 of us Kitfox builder/pilots there - Stan, Paul Philips and us... we were hoping for a few more from our area. Here are just a few pictures -
    Attached Images Attached Images
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Default Re: Oshkosh 2020 Fly-In

I'm envious of the few that did get to fly into Oshkosh this year. Great reporting too, John!!

Best Oshkosh photos I've seen this year John! Looks like all had a good time.
    Harlan and Susan Payne
    Sold Piper Archer
    Flying FarmFox STI Kitfox N61HP
    Rotax 915is, Airmaster prop
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5A...oCVUP15G0uB-Yw

Nice guys. thanks for sharing.

Thanks guys! That's Stan in the first few pictures... I'm hoping he might jump in, but I understand he did post some pictures on Facebook (whatever that is?!). We Kitfox guys only had to fly about 180 miles from Denver, an easy 2 hr. trip, low & slow. 1.8 coming back, dodging some cells & rain. You sure don't see many masks over there, similar to a trip we took up through Wyoming & Montana a few weeks ago. Very refreshing for son Matt & I to be able to exercise our common-sense without a Big Brother mandate. My son-in law Bill & grandson Liam also made the trip in their Grumman Cheetah. There were lots of other cool airplanes there - a Fairchild PT-19, '46 Luscombe, J4 Cub, a few other Cubs, Super Cubs, etc. There was a Cessna 195, a few Cessnas & Pipers, and the requisite RVs (4, 6 ,7 12, etc.) of course. Cirrus, Sonex, and a rare-low wing Bearcoupe homebuilt - I think it's the only existing one at this time. A couple of powered parachutes gave us a pretty good show with some close, low-level fly-by's. There were others that I'm just not remembering right now. We had the Kiddie-Hawk simulator for kids that Bill Marcy here in Colorado designed/built, and is at KidVenture every year. Lots of cold stuff to drink. A couple of great restaurants in town, the farthest one from the airport was about a 5 block walk away. Oh, my Son informs me the motel had 12 rooms. Good times.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Great trip John, I remember you saying you had flown into OSH for over 20 years in a row, so glad to see you didn't break your streak. looks like fun. Bruce N199CL

Hi John, yes, thanks for sharing this with us. It sure looks like a lot of fun, and I am glad to see you guys doing a lot of Kitfox flying. Some day I hope to finish mine and get out there and do some too.

That is the best! You can actually say you have flown to Oshkosh all those consecutive years.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

That's awesome!!
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos