Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: N195CL's Revamp

Default Re: N195CL's Revamp

A little bit done this weekend. I got the majority of the firewall cut out and roughed in. The lower portion will be narrowed up to enlarge the footwells and provide enough clearance for the pedals. Right now those two pieces are just cleco'd in place. I need to grab some more propane for the heater but I am anticipating getting this finished up this week if things go well.

IMG_4035.jpgIMG_4034.jpg

Well I got the better half to brave the cold in the shop and help me finish up the firewall. It's all in place and riveted with the exception of the bottom edge (cleco until paint).

For the time being I am working on some small odds and ends, engine controls, air plenum, pedal spring bracing etc. Not overly exciting from a picture perspective but it all needs to be done. I also want to rework the exhaust a little for some better clearance of the firewall. Previously it was dented and the firewall was pushed in for a clearance. I'll need to do that in NH though with my tig setup since its stainless, so maybe this weekend if I can get up there.

IMG_4045 2.jpgIMG_4048 2.jpgIMG_4053 2.jpg

Side note... if anyone can tell me how to rotate images that would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Truno223 View Post
    Side note... if anyone can tell me how to rotate images that would be awesome.
    I presume you're uploading images taken on a cell phone. I don't have any idea why the forum software screws up image rotation, and I don't know if it's specific to iPhones (that's what I use) but any image that's taken with my iPhone held vertically will be rotated 90 deg counter-clockwise by the forum.

For example, this photo was taken with my iPhone held vertically...

...and this photo was taken with my iPhone held horizontally.
    ED022CBD-9F4B-4AAD-B245-364C6EAEC96C.jpeg

IMG_1255.jpg

There are two ways to avoid this automatic rotation:

1. Take all photos in landscape orientation (iPhone held horizontally). That obviously doesn't help for vertical subjects. In that case, see option 2.

As an aside, you'll notice that almost all of the photos that I upload are square. I use the "SQUARE" setting in the camera app, but it's just to make the images a little smaller and save storage space. It doesn't have any effect on the rotation problem; I still have to hold my iPhone horizontally for the forum to handle them properly.

2. Open each picture that was taken vertically in an image editor and then save it without making any changes. If you have multiple photos to process, you can do this in a batch.

• Select all of the images to be processed at once (click on the first one in a folder, then hold down Shift and click on the last one -OR- click on the first one, then hold down Ctrl while you click on each of the others).
    • Right click on one of the selected image files, and in the context menu that pops up, click "Edit." On my computer, this opens a stack of windows with one instance of Microsoft Paint containing each image.
    • Click the "Save" button (the little floppy disc at upper left, on the title bar), then double-click the Paint palette icon next to the "Save" button to close the window.

Do the last step for each instance of Paint, then upload the images to the forum as you normally would. After this process, they won't be rotated incorrectly.
    Eric Page
    Building: Kitfox 5 Safari | Rotax 912iS | Dynon HDX
    Member: EAA Lifetime, AOPA, ALPA
    ATP: AMEL | Comm: ASEL, Glider | ATCS: CTO
    Map of Landings

Regarding a photo taken with an iPhone ... I believe you can also open the picture in your photos and click on “Edit” in the upper right hand corner. Then click on the little “square” with the 2 arrows on the lower right of the screen. Then you can rotate the picture with the square with an arrow at the upper left of the screen. Each click will rotate it 90 deg. You may need 90 or a full 270 to have it display properly on the site... experiment. Then save and upload it. Eric’s way is probably better, but you can do everything on your phone.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Awesome, thank you both very much! I will try to use those methods in the future and see if I can get it figured out.

Here you go.
    I rotated on the PC
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Completed my Classic 4, May 2003. It had std wings. speedster tail.
    912 UL Rotax. Sold to a person in Spain.

Completed a Skybolt December 2018

Thank you all again for the help with the images...now for the test can I do it without jacking it all up!

Not too much to report on progress, just chipping away at little things, making new leads for the starter/engine ground, replacing assorted hardware. The rudder controls are hooked up again.

I ordered some wiring components, starter solenoid, diodes, etc to work on finalizing my FWF electronic layout. Also ordered some seals for the firewall to cowling and air plenums. I'm going to work on an airbox next, and give KF a call to see where my tanks are. If they're still a ways out I'll probably move onto running gear and brakes next and just keep chipping away at paint prep.

IMG_4059.jpgIMG_4058.jpg

A bit more progress on the FWF end of things.

I got my cowling seal installed and have begun mounting my other components. I have some fuel system components ordered, lift pump, and all of that good stuff.

IMG_4108.jpgIMG_4107.jpg

Well it's been a while! I have been picking away at the FWF and dealing with some component mountings, my throttle and choke controls, replacing all the rubber etc. But in better news my new tanks arrived.

I have then cleaned, fitted, and leak tested (many leak tests)

Hoping to get them bonded in today and once that is cured I can start getting ready for fabric.

We're on deck for another move in a week so progress will continue to be slow but once I get it painted I plan to throw the wings on and bring it to my shop where I can start on assembly.
    Attached Images Attached Images