Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: I did it!!!

Cool I did it!!!

Well, everybody was right!! After taking a demo ride, courtesy of Ken Nougaret, on Sunday, I just put down a deposit for a Series 7 Super Sport!! Totally stoked!! I've been flying since 1988, I've flown part 135, currently give flight instruction, but I've never owned my own plane before!! I went with the Rotax 912iS and an Airmaster prop. I want to put her on ampibious floats as soon as I can, as well. I was thinking about ordering her with the Grove landing gear and standard 600X6 tires with wheel pants, to start off with, and John also recommended the ABI-3200 tail wheel upgrade as well. I think that configuration will serve me well as I learn the basics of flying a tail wheel airplane. Then, as my skills improve, I could always put some bigger tires on and start looking for more adventurous places to land at! Did I mention that I want to put her on floats?!! So excited!! Now i just need to sell my boat!!!

Default Re: I did it!!!

Yep. That's how it usually happens. Seen it time and time again. One flight with Ken is equivalent to 10 Trent Palmer videos. Nothing like a 3D, highly tactile feedback experience in a beautifully built Kitfox to make one's credit card literally fly out of one's wallet. Congrats on your decision. Harbor not one iota of buyers remorse. Move forward with confidence in your decision. I stand as an example for all that if I can build one, anyone with your enthusiasm certainly can. Love the floats idea. It will make a very exciting float plane. Enjoy your build. Lots of great folks here willing to help if needed.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Screaming around the buttes in the AZ desert at X altitude did it for me!
    Jeff
    KF 5
    340KF

Congratulations! I recall the feeling.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Couple things.

First, congrats! Secondly, I have the grove gear and it works great. Thirdly, you're going to love that prop! I might have held off on buying the firewall forward as new options may come available but you can't go wrong with your selection.