Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zipper kit on my 80HP running rich

Default Re: Zipper kit on my 80HP running rich

Re: Marvel Schebler floats - it is a little troubling to me that there doesn't seem to be much technical information about these floats on their website. What's there is a couple of years old and published before the "problems" that I read about had surfaced. For instance, I can see no information about what their floats weigh, or should weigh. Has anyone on this forum purchased some of the currently available ones and checked their weight?
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Default Re: Zipper kit on my 80HP running rich

Jim, CPS has none of their kits in stock as do most of the other resellers of the Rotax floats. Lockwood may have them but they are more expensive and the price is close to what MS wants for theirs.
    I spoke with Mark at MS yesterday. I asked about improvements done to their floats since they first were put on the market and if there was any warrentee.

He said he thought they had a 2 year warrantee as al their floats do and the weight will be under 7 grams for the pair. Price is $165/pair.

In other news...I had an old set that I removed awhile ago that I decided to weigh. All four were 3.1-3.2 grams. I don't recall if these were bad and possibly dried back out from sitting on the shelf or if I just replaced them since I bought a complete carb rebuild kit with new floats.