Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Demo Ride

Question Demo Ride

Hello everyone. I am interested in putting down a deposit for a new series 7 super sport, and yes, i am aware of the backlog. I have never flown a kitfox before and unfortunately, the factory has suspended their tours due to covid, at this time. I was looking to see if anyone would be willing to provide me with a demo ride to help secure my decision before putting down a non-refundable deposit. I live in the Tampa Bay area of Florida and would be willing to travel a bit for the oppurtunity to demo a kitfox. I have approx 2,500 hrs total time, ATP, CFIIME, but no tailwheel endorsement/experience. Please reply if you would be interested, it would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you all!!

Default Re: Demo Ride

I can aalready tell you what the outcome will be. 🤣

If you get to Idaho I'll give you a ride.

Glen, welcome aboard. Give your request a few days for our Florida owners to log in and read your post. Like GuppyWN said, the outcome is likely written already but a flight will make your mind calm with the check writing procedure. Also, I talked with the factory yesterday and they are working very hard to whittle away at the backlog waiting time. Still awhile but somewhat improved in the last 3 or 4 months.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

That is Precisely what ran through my head as I read that! (speaking of the outcome). You will likely have a reply from Florida as DF4 states but here is how it went for me. Showed up in Boise, got weathered out of my intro flight on Monday. Got a rental car, toured the factory and placed my order. You know, I had not flown anything as PIC in 25 years and had never been around a Kitfox except the occasional airshow at that point. No tailwheel endorsement, only limited exposure to this in a Pitts S2B. Tuesday morning I got my ride with Stick and Rudder. I had the controls for about 5-10 min when I became overjoyed about having written that check the day before! I needed that ride as it turns out. What a blast it was to feel how the Kitfox handles and to recognize that it was money very well spent. So, go find a ride. We believe we know the outcome.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Glen, pm sent.
    Having an O200 in mine may not give the same performance as others, but still a very fun airplane.
    Ken
    SS7 O-200 Whirlwind

Quote Originally Posted by GuppyWN View Post
    I can aalready tell you what the outcome will be. 🤣

If you get to Idaho I'll give you a ride.
    Yup!! You were right! I was fortunate enough to get a ride yesterday from Ken Nougaret and I'll be putting down a deposit this afternoon!!

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox4 View Post
    Glen, welcome aboard. Give your request a few days for our Florida owners to log in and read your post. Like GuppyWN said, the outcome is likely written already but a flight will make your mind calm with the check writing procedure. Also, I talked with the factory yesterday and they are working very hard to whittle away at the backlog waiting time. Still awhile but somewhat improved in the last 3 or 4 months.
    It only took a few hours!!! I'm sold!!

Thanks for the insight from everyone, you were absolutely correct!!

LOL! Welcome to the club.

Congrats! Start reading thru the many build thread so by the time you get your kit delivered you will have an idea of the direction you want to go panel wise, gear wise, etc........ Also I recommend you don't get ahead of yourself purchasing stuff. Todays state of the art avionics is on clearance by the time you are ready to install them.
    Dave
    KitFox 6 Taildragger
    912 ULS
    Whirlwind 70” Prop
    Garmin G3x
    All around nice guy