Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Demo Ride

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Demo Ride

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox4 View Post
    Glen, welcome aboard. Give your request a few days for our Florida owners to log in and read your post. Like GuppyWN said, the outcome is likely written already but a flight will make your mind calm with the check writing procedure. Also, I talked with the factory yesterday and they are working very hard to whittle away at the backlog waiting time. Still awhile but somewhat improved in the last 3 or 4 months.
    It only took a few hours!!! I'm sold!!

Thanks for the insight from everyone, you were absolutely correct!!

LOL! Welcome to the club.

Congrats! Start reading thru the many build thread so by the time you get your kit delivered you will have an idea of the direction you want to go panel wise, gear wise, etc........ Also I recommend you don't get ahead of yourself purchasing stuff. Todays state of the art avionics is on clearance by the time you are ready to install them.
    Dave
    KitFox 6 Taildragger
    912 ULS
    Whirlwind 70” Prop
    Garmin G3x
    All around nice guy

Quote Originally Posted by desertdave View Post
    Congrats! Start reading thru the many build thread so by the time you get your kit delivered you will have an idea of the direction you want to go panel wise, gear wise, etc........ Also I recommend you don't get ahead of yourself purchasing stuff. Todays state of the art avionics is on clearance by the time you are ready to install them.
    That's exactly what I plan on doing. I also want to take some courses at EAA workshops for fabric covering, etc. I actually dont mind the back order as it will give me time to learn, set up my garage for the build, and sell my boat!! I live in Florida so most of my flying will be in the state and in the SE. I plan on putting her on amphibious floats as soon as I can as well. I spoke with John today and discussed engine options and he basically recommended the 912iS engine with an airmaster prop. I was thinking about doing the Grove landing gear with 600X6 tires and wheel pants to start off with since I won't be doing any backcountry flying here in Florida, but John did recommend the ABI-3200 tailwheel upgrade as well. As far as panel and avionics, I have plenty of time for that! I'm a CFII and fly regularly so I'm pretty familiar with what's available. I'm super stoked!!