Quote Originally Posted by desertdave View Post
Congrats! Start reading thru the many build thread so by the time you get your kit delivered you will have an idea of the direction you want to go panel wise, gear wise, etc........ Also I recommend you don't get ahead of yourself purchasing stuff. Todays state of the art avionics is on clearance by the time you are ready to install them.
That's exactly what I plan on doing. I also want to take some courses at EAA workshops for fabric covering, etc. I actually dont mind the back order as it will give me time to learn, set up my garage for the build, and sell my boat!! I live in Florida so most of my flying will be in the state and in the SE. I plan on putting her on amphibious floats as soon as I can as well. I spoke with John today and discussed engine options and he basically recommended the 912iS engine with an airmaster prop. I was thinking about doing the Grove landing gear with 600X6 tires and wheel pants to start off with since I won't be doing any backcountry flying here in Florida, but John did recommend the ABI-3200 tailwheel upgrade as well. As far as panel and avionics, I have plenty of time for that! I'm a CFII and fly regularly so I'm pretty familiar with what's available. I'm super stoked!!