Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Series 6 vs 7. Differences? Pros and cons? Suggested mods / updates?

Default Re: Series 6 vs 7. Differences? Pros and cons? Suggested mods / updates?

My series 6 didn't have a razorback tube installed and I added one about 3 inches high at the forward edge of the vertical stabilizer tapering down to nothing near the aft edge of the turtle deck. I think this was a nice astetic improvement on the series 7 and it makes it much easier to lay the fabric in that compound curved area just forward of the vertical stabilizer and minimize a bunch of fabric wrinkles. There are a number of threads on the forum that describe what others have done. The picture below shows the 1/2" diameter chrome moly tube I added. Although it's a personal thing on wether you like the looks or not, it helped a lot when covering with fabric. A few other things to consider as series 7 upgrades: If your kit came with a plastic header tank like mine did throw it away and get an aluminum one from Kitfox. Almost everyone has leakage problems eventually with the plastic tank. Also consider the elevator spring assist kit which neutralizes back pressure on the stick. Kitfox also sells new lower force springs for the carburetor throttle return which neutralizes throttle creep. If you don't have an oil cooler and thermostat you might consider adding them. Kitfox sells both. Add voltage spike diodes to the master and starter solenoids.

IMG_6610.jpg
    Last edited by Birdseyeview; 07-11-2020 at 03:10 AM.
    Larry Olson
    Kitfox Series 6 - 1st Flight Oct 2021
    Tri-gear, smooth cowl
    912 ULS

Default Re: Series 6 vs 7. Differences? Pros and cons? Suggested mods / updates?

Hi,

Thanks for sharing about your kitfox razorback mod

Hello,

Does anybody have info on the s7 fwf modification process for a series 6?

Basically, I would like to start this build completion process with the best results in mind for the end product.

Does the FWF extension of the s7 increase cargo load capacity?

Besides the extra space for installation of an engine and its components, what are the other additional benefits of doing this?

Thanks,

Jeff

Call the Kitfox factory and they can give you a list AND sell you all the parts you would need including the engine mounts, cowling, etc, etc, etc.
    As for benefits see my post at the beginning of this thread.
    Dave
    KitFox 6 Taildragger
    912 ULS
    Whirlwind 70” Prop
    Garmin G3x
    All around nice guy