Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KITFOX vs. Bushcat

Default Re: KITFOX vs. Bushcat

Quote Originally Posted by CoClimber View Post
    There is a Bushcat near me that I got the chance to inspect. Honestly, it reminded me of folding lawn furniture. It has a ultralight feel to it rather than a true airplane feel of a Kitfox.
    ive been wondering about that. I don’t want and ultralight.

Curt

Having said that, from 20 ft it is a pretty plane. If a deal came along, I would buy one except that my Kitfox model 2/4 is probably going to be flying sometime this year. I can't justify more than one airplane.

Haha... I hear ya. I am having a hard time justifying one airplane. Good luck finishing up your build!

Curt

This is my first post also. I am also looking for my next airplane and joined this site to see the process of building a KITFOX.

Here are two things that I have noticed.... The more popular the aircraft, the cheaper it is to insure, and easy to sell when needed.

Example.... I have an RV6A. Full insurance coverage is $925.00. Popular airplane. Standard construction. So is the KITFOX.

And last....... Don't let the 300 hours build time fool you. It WILL take you way more time than that to build. Big selling points ARE low build time and performance (fast and slow).

Quote Originally Posted by gasman View Post

And last....... Don't let the 300 hours build time fool you. It WILL take you way more time than that to build. Big selling points ARE low build time and performance (fast and slow).
    Yeah, I’ve been wondering about this point. A guy is doing a video series of his Bushcat build on YouTube (Bushcat Tom). Well done, funny, slightly corny episodes. Seems like it’s been taking a long time and this is a factory assist build, I think. The 250-300 hour stated build time is the shortest estimate I’ve seen and may be unrealistic.

Thanks for the comments,

Curt

Talking Re: KITFOX vs. Bushcat

I think it has been nickname the bag plane no way would you get me to spend that type of money for it. Two guys built one at our airport and man did they have issue with it they are flying now and the factory made it right but it took over a year to fix all the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerrytex View Post
    I don't usually get involved in this kind of discussion, but I think an important "Pro" not mentioned is, the fact that the Kitfox is STEEL. There is a "protective" cage of STEEL around you. I don't have any scientific analysis or crash test data, but I do know that frames made of STEEL, especially a tubular, gusseted STEEL frame like the Kitfox uses, is stronger than a bolt together aluminum tubing frame such as the frame used on the Bush Cat.

Just my 2 cents.
    Need STEEL (your emphasis.) Then NEVER fly in an Airbus or Boeing.....

Quote Originally Posted by nlappos View Post
    Need STEEL (your emphasis.) Then NEVER fly in an Airbus or Boeing.....
    I don’t know much about Boeing or Airbus but I’m pretty sure they aren’t build with bolt together aluminum tubing like Jerry was talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ben Bell
    Building 7 super sport
    O200 powered