Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: New Colorado builder

Default New Colorado builder

Well, after several years of dreamin' & schemin' about Kitfox-style flying, I made the decision after OSH last year, & ordered a Mod.7 SS kit from John & Debra. Getting to know them just a little, & scrutinizing what these folks are doing now, helped me make a last minute decision to turn away from the Highlander. So late last November, I talked my good friend & Kitfox Mod.4 builder/owner, Stan Specht, into flying up to Boise with me, where we rented a truck & brought my new child home, 900 miles to Denver, CO - John & Stan's excellent adventure! My timing wasn't the best, as I made a vow to myself & my wife to finish a couple of projects at home, as well as complete some serious work on the Thorp T-18 that I built from scratch over a 15 year period, & test-flew in 1990. It is SO hard to keep from diggin'-in. Seeing & touching all those pre-made parts & big instruction manual is really a new & unique experience for me - I am excited! Anyway, I'll probably be able to make some real progress after I retire in a little over a year. I hope to be able to eventually add something worthwhile to the group. I know that the Kitfox will add a dimension to my life!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Default Re: New Colorado builder

Congrats John on the Super Sport purchase. Much fun headed your way. Say hi to Stan for me.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Default Re: New Colorado builder

Congratulations John. You should have plenty of fun building and flying. I’ve wanted to build a Kitfox for the last 25 years or so and then Stan gave me a flight. I was sold and bought the Kitfox 5 kit he had. Still working on it but someday it will be a lot of fun to fly. Hope to see and talk with you someday. Say hi to Stan for me too!