Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Starfox Update

Default Re: Starfox Update

What's wrong with a thumb or forefinger? Nice and rounded, gets into small places, easy cleanup with alcohol.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Jim, you’re right nothing wrong with that method. It all gets covered eventually. Just maybe personal satisfaction as we have to look at the plane in this state for quite a long time till it’s covered. Spent a lot of time trying to keep the cobra clean and now it’s all covered.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Starfox

Default Wing build

Wing is starting to get filled out. Just some varnish and epoxy primer and I will be on to the laker leading edge. Installing the trailing edge stiffeners also soon.
    Starfox

Default Move inside

Today I moved inside my heated room. One wing at a time. It’s supposed to get cold later this week and I will be ready for it. The spars are now protected with epoxy primer and on to the laker leading edge and wing wiring and flaperons. Security light went by the wayside. Ran for more than 15 years. A new LED replaced it and it is like daylight at midnight. I think when summer rolls around again we will have some pickle ball matches all hours of the night
    Starfox

Looking good on the wings, how are you liking the new position at work?
    Harlan and Susan Payne
    Sold Piper Archer
    Flying FarmFox STI Kitfox N61HP
    Rotax 915is, Airmaster prop
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5A...oCVUP15G0uB-Yw

Harlan, Not really a new position at work but an upgrade in status. All the advanced equipment I get to drive is now more available to run more often. I hope I like flying the kitfox as much as I like running the big stuff. Thought I would have the wings done by now but life gets in the way sometimes. Still is fun building in a warm room. I remember working on the cobra all hours of the night and expect to do the same on the kitfox build. Keep up the good work. Great to see your build.
    Starfox

Default Laker leading edge

Peeled the tape off my first try at the leading edge. Some super fill needed where the clecoes were used. The parting lines between the panels need some too. I think the fuel cap area turned out good. Spent a good amount of time sanding the inside where the ribs met the fiberglass as the inside was raises in areas where the glass stuck up. Next one should go way faster. Got to drive the cobra yesterday in great fall weather. Also here is a pic yesterday from a post off of Facebook. Someone flying over Seattle noting the fall colors in the area.
    he
    Starfox

Default Wing tips

Worked on the wing tips for about 6 hours yesterday. Light boxes installed and edges solid now. Seems to align well with wing.
    Starfox

Between the wing tips and the wings, you have used a lot of glue! Looks good. The wing tip lights are going to look good.
    Harlan and Susan Payne
    Sold Piper Archer
    Flying FarmFox STI Kitfox N61HP
    Rotax 915is, Airmaster prop
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5A...oCVUP15G0uB-Yw

Yes I did. Edge was separated in places and raised so I made it uniform.
    Starfox