Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Starfox Update

Default Panel ideas

Advanced Flight Systems notified me they are ready to start on my advanced panel. Just some of my own ideas. Of course switches will need to be added along with other controls
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Starfox

Default Wing tips

Wired wing tips yesterday. Panel build is still underway. Wire in the USB today and then may start on the wing covering soon.
    Starfox

Default Cover time

Need to take this apart now and start covering. Talked with John McBean yesterday and decided to get the firewall forward package ordered with the carbon fiber option. Quite a long time to get the finished product. Next order will surely be the engine and prop in February.
    Starfox

Default Re: Starfox Update

Very nice looking work Jim. Those wings look great. Good luck on covering. You're going to enjoy flying your Kitfox. Worth all of the work and investment.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Default Re: Cover time

Talked with John McBean yesterday and decided to get the firewall forward package ordered with the carbon fiber option. Quite a long time to get the finished product. Next order will surely be the engine and prop in February.[/QUOTE]

I ordered my FF kit a week of so ago and July was what I was told. Should have ordered it with the kit I guess.
    Harlan and Susan Payne
    Sold Piper Archer
    Flying FarmFox STI Kitfox N61HP
    Rotax 915is, Airmaster prop
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5A...oCVUP15G0uB-Yw

Harlan, you will need yours soon as you are going fast. I’m looking at fall or winter time finish now with all I have to do on the side. Getting it this summer will be perfect for me. Plan on doing all the painting in July and August.
    DesertFox4, How many hours do you have on yours now? Can’t wait to be flying and come down that way. Going to cover with some of those tips from Brian Bowen on his Project Kitfox videos.
    Starfox

Jim, I have about 81 hours on mine now.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Default Covering

Spent the better part of the night I had off studying the poly fiber manual. Lots to absorb and there are so many variations out there to do the same attaching. Especially the bottom. I think I still like Brian’s method the best to go with.

Also a surprise visit for one of my fighter pilots sons. Spur of the moment stop at the local airport. Just passing through overnight stay with mom and dad. Of course mom made his favorite meal. We got to hear some fighter stories. Like his buddy from the academy showed up with his F22 and he partnered up with him in his 35 and whacked everybody in some air to air competition. Of course dad asked to many questions that he can’t answer. Did get a early Christmas present of some 35 bling though. Very proud dad here. And got to see the latest F35 helmet as him and his buddies were on their way down to pick up several new ones.
    Starfox

Default Re: Covering

Quote Originally Posted by SomeDay7 View Post
    Spent the better part of the night I had off studying the poly fiber manual. Lots to absorb and there are so many variations out there to do the same attaching. Especially the bottom. I think I still like Brian’s method the best to go with.

Also a surprise visit for one of my fighter pilots sons. Spur of the moment stop at the local airport. Just passing through overnight stay with mom and dad. Of course mom made his favorite meal. We got to hear some fighter stories. Like his buddy from the academy showed up with his F22 and he partnered up with him in his 35 and whacked everybody in some air to air competition. Of course dad asked to many questions that he can’t answer. Did get a early Christmas present of some 35 bling though. Very proud dad here. And got to see the latest F35 helmet as him and his buddies were on their way down to pick up several new ones.
    Once you get going it's a piece of cake.

Now that is some cool beans. Very nice 35 bling! More than one top bronc in one family? Good on ya Dad! Looks like you all have the right stuff. So glad you guys got to see him. Time has a way of slipping by...
    Going to see my nephew when he comes home on leave next week. He's USAF enlisted. Good kid.
    Somebody said that carrier pilots were the best in the world, and they must be or there wouldn't be any of them left alive. — Ernie Pyle

Brett Butler
    Flying: 1998 Model 5 Outback, 912ul Zipper 110hp, G3x avionics, ss7 upgrades

Brett, They sure do appreciate the time you give them. Update on their flight. Dad we will be passing over McCord AFB between 11 and 3 in a 4 ship of F35s. Now Mom can't stop looking outside. Ha. Guess the most important thing I will use on the covering is the double brushing of poly tac and poly brush. Letting it dry and melting it into the fabric with a thinned coat using Mek. Timed with doing this in the right locations of the wing while heat shrinking to 250.
    Starfox