Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Starfox Update

Default Re: Starfox Update

Wings are now ready to start building. Been working on rotisseries, storage cradle and adding some carpet to some old saw horses. Now I can shift the wings from the horses and then back to the rotisserie without any help as I made them all the same height.
    Also picked up a few things I didn’t add to my list while at the factory. SuperFill, epoxy primer for the spars, MEK, alcohol, and acetone. Went to several hardware stores and they all have them but rather expensive. Wilco did have real MEK. Then I went over to SpencerAircraft at Pierce County Thun (Home Airport) for epoxy primer and they have all the real stuff at far better prices. Hope to get after the wing building this holiday weekend. Would like to have them ready to get the butt ribs mounted while the weather is dry as I have to do it outside.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SomeDay7; 07-02-2020 at 04:43 PM.
    Starfox

Off to a good start Jim. Also, sweet Cobras in your previous post. I’ve never driven one but look like fun on a sunny day.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Thumbs up Re: Starfox Update

So much fun. Wish I was flying though. Get there soon enough. I know we talked about our kids and here is an update on them just for the 4th with a couple of videos they sent me recently. F16 oldest, youngest F35. Night training mission with a student (F16) and unrestricted climb to 20 thousand (F35). https://youtu.be/ss6zPgmwkig https://youtu.be/2H4-ZazD0rU https://youtu.be/UzoEt5FlR30

AMERICA 🇺🇸
    Last edited by SomeDay7; 07-02-2020 at 05:52 PM.
    Starfox

That's the good stuff Jim! Tell em both Thank You.🇺🇸

Nice shop floor. Wishing for more shop pics and a quick ride in the Cobra by way of GoPro.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

These things keep cropping up. Shoot. Was planning on building today but have to do fence repair and horse mending.
    Starfox

DesertFox4 here is a goprovideo of the cars. https://gopro.com/v/gvezXa3ewWZbV
    Already got the horses and fence fixed up. Jim
    Starfox

Thanks for the cruise Jim.😀

Hope the horse is OK. Might need to sit them down and have a talk about “boundaries”.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Man, I was thinking the same. Im glad it got up and trotted off. The wrong way, I might add. So Close. The other one was certainly asking "hey, WTH happened? You were right behind me!" At least that is what it appeared to be doing as it looked back into the pen at the "prisoner".
    Jim, be sure to let me know if you come to the Factory Five event in September. Ill certainly allow you some time in my "Midlife Crisis" . We can fly right over the event location. How does a guy use Copyrighted material (music) in a video? I can't stand the stuff that is provided in the editing program for my Garmin camera.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Still up in the air about September. GoPro videos get shut down on facebook or the large public places too. A forum like this they seem to go through. You're right. I have a hard time picking music that is available. Another one. https://gopro.com/v/JbMwqazOQpa2K
    Starfox

Default Spar fittings

Finally got something done. Spar reinforcement fittings are done. Going out of order in the manual but it will all come together when I can get these wings on the fuselage and get the #1 ribs, butt ribs and tanks mounted, so I won’t have to be outside any longer after that. A reminder came through as to why this important to me. Pouring down rain on July 7th. Got to get the rest of these parts on soon.
    Starfox