Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Starfox Update

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Starfox Update

Beauty -- I'm glad the answers all make sense and you're satisfied that it's just the way you want it!
    Eric Page
    Building: Kitfox 5 Safari | Rotax 912iS | Dynon HDX
    Member: EAA Lifetime, AOPA, ALPA
    ATP: AMEL | Comm: ASEL, Glider | ATCS: CTO
    Map of Landings

Default Re: Starfox Update

Just curious -- and this may not be the smartest question, but how are the lengths of all the cables determined when doing a quick type panel like that? I'm guessing that the locations of all components is know during design so cable length can be pre-measured -- is that some thing you had to do, or does the company figure that out somehow? Do you ever end up short or with way too much? Just wondering.

Great looking panel by the way.

Default Seat Pan

The seat pan is in now. Couple of days of fitting and trying on some of the parts that go with it. After getting it close, I just had to see we’re the cushions sat to get an idea of the front of the seat pan. The instructions give you the option to take out some center for clearance. I’m leaving it as the cushions go well past that. Took some shots of the cushions to compare the sizes I have. I remember when ordering I wasn’t sure what I was looking at. Here it is. The medium side by side. Medium and large. Medium and small. Large and small. And then, the large and small side by side. 1inch, 2 inch, 3 inch. Should cover the people that fly with me.
    The rest of the pictures are the pan with the fittings done up. The holes for the belts and how the belts fit. Center fitment seemed slightly off but just seen Harlan’s video and the velour seems to cover that up nicely.
    Starfox