Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starfox Update

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Starfox Update

Thanks, Try to get something up tomorrow. My Cobra buddy is coming over to help unload. Another kit build and he seems as excited as me.

Here is a link of us cruising together. Jim

https://gopro.com/v/EDpvyQWp9W910
    Starfox

Nice! Welcome to the club! Curious what planes are stick and rudder using now? What where the likes and dislikes you saw? What engines are they running?
    Dustin Dickerson

Building 7ss STI x 2
    Oratex
    29" shock monster
    EP912STI 155hp
    Garmin
    N33TF......FLYING!
    N53TF......FLYING!

DesertFox4 here is a goprovideo of the cars. https://gopro.com/v/gvezXa3ewWZbV
    Already got the horses and fence fixed up. Jim
    Starfox

Default Lift Strut Attach Brackets

These brackets are now on and I can concentrate on getting the other parts ready to go on out in the driveway for a few days. Hope the weather holds out for a few weeks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Starfox

Default Re: Lift Strut Attach Brackets

Quote Originally Posted by SomeDay7 View Post
    These brackets are now on and I can concentrate on getting the other parts ready to go on out in the driveway for a few days. Hope the weather holds out for a few weeks.
    Did you mount the wings before attaching those? With the quick build wings I'd think they are marked in the right place. I just started on my wings last night and am about ready to start on those also.
    Harlan and Susan Payne
    Flying FarmFox STI Kitfox N61HP
    Rotax 915is, Airmaster prop.
    https://www.youtube.com/@KitfoxPilot/videos

Thanks I'll give that a try.
    Harlan and Susan Payne
    Flying FarmFox STI Kitfox N61HP
    Rotax 915is, Airmaster prop.
    https://www.youtube.com/@KitfoxPilot/videos

Default Laker leading edge

Peeled the tape off my first try at the leading edge. Some super fill needed where the clecoes were used. The parting lines between the panels need some too. I think the fuel cap area turned out good. Spent a good amount of time sanding the inside where the ribs met the fiberglass as the inside was raises in areas where the glass stuck up. Next one should go way faster. Got to drive the cobra yesterday in great fall weather. Also here is a pic yesterday from a post off of Facebook. Someone flying over Seattle noting the fall colors in the area.
    he
    Starfox

Harlan. I found that a silcon edge tool works great as a scraper to get the extra then just a light wipe of alcohol.
    Starfox

Harlan, Not really a new position at work but an upgrade in status. All the advanced equipment I get to drive is now more available to run more often. I hope I like flying the kitfox as much as I like running the big stuff. Thought I would have the wings done by now but life gets in the way sometimes. Still is fun building in a warm room. I remember working on the cobra all hours of the night and expect to do the same on the kitfox build. Keep up the good work. Great to see your build.
    Starfox

Harlan, you will need yours soon as you are going fast. I’m looking at fall or winter time finish now with all I have to do on the side. Getting it this summer will be perfect for me. Plan on doing all the painting in July and August.
    DesertFox4, How many hours do you have on yours now? Can’t wait to be flying and come down that way. Going to cover with some of those tips from Brian Bowen on his Project Kitfox videos.
    Starfox