Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Starfox Update

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Starfox Update

Factory had them marked and ready to mount with the quick build wing and pre- rigging option. Will need to recheck the wing sweep, dihedral and twist after the #1 rib is all in place.
    Starfox

Wow. That quick build wing and pre- rigging option saved a lot of time. I remember some nail biting moments tweaking everything to get it dialed in.
    "Somebody said that carrier pilots were the best in the world, and they must be or there wouldn't be any of them left alive." Ernie Pyle

Brett Butler
    Flying: N46KF, 1998 Model 5 Outback, 912ul 110hp, G3x with 2 axis a/p, Beringer wheels & brakes, SS7 firewall forward, NR prop, Custom paint

A caulk tool like this
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Starfox

Here's another option. I found this in a home center some years ago. It has a rounded silicone tip that makes beautiful beads in caulk. It's stiff enough that I'm sure it would work for Hysol. Might be a little big for tight spots, but it'll work in most locations. Look for them near caulks, sealants and adhesives.
    Eric Page
    Building: Kitfox 5 Safari | Rotax 912iS | Dynon HDX
    Member: EAA Lifetime, AOPA, ALPA
    ATP: AMEL | Comm: ASEL, Glider | ATCS: CTO
    Map of Landings

Default Wing tips

Worked on the wing tips for about 6 hours yesterday. Light boxes installed and edges solid now. Seems to align well with wing.
    Starfox

Unloaded my kit with my cobra buddy on Saturday. We proceeded to enjoy the afternoon with a cruise. Always a blast. Took a few pics.
    Monday had a forum member over I had invited. We proceeded to inventory the complete kit in about 5 and a half hours. That including lunch and a few shots for good measure. Process was easy and everything was color coded and went back in the original boxes the came in. Used this method for the cobra build and parts were easy to find. Took apart my wing rack for the trailer last night and am getting ready to build a rotisserie for the wings and storage rack too.
    Last edited by SomeDay7; 06-25-2020 at 11:06 PM.
    Starfox

Default Spar fittings

Finally got something done. Spar reinforcement fittings are done. Going out of order in the manual but it will all come together when I can get these wings on the fuselage and get the #1 ribs, butt ribs and tanks mounted, so I won’t have to be outside any longer after that. A reminder came through as to why this important to me. Pouring down rain on July 7th. Got to get the rest of these parts on soon.
    Starfox

yeah me too. stressed me out for the longest time when people brought this subject up. I guess since Ive been flying for 200 hours now I know I did it right. My heart didn't skip when this subject came up this time.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Quick build and pre-rigged option for the win! I liked setting all these rivets. I often think of those rivets when I am flying hitting the bumps.....hold strong little rivets!
    Dustin Dickerson

Building 7ss STI x 2
    Oratex
    29" shock monster
    EP912STI 155hp
    Garmin
    N33TF......FLYING!
    N53TF......FLYING!

What's wrong with a thumb or forefinger? Nice and rounded, gets into small places, easy cleanup with alcohol.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS