Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Starfox Update

Default Update going sideways

Looked at Factory Five update today and this is what I got. https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=31115889002450 Kind of like my life right now. Eddie looks like Dave Smith says the Huntington beach cruise in will be next April. On my build, I am still pecking at it barely. Did order up some double ended #30 drill bits that I had used for rivet holes on the cobra. I think there were about 1200 rivets. McMaster Carr has a large selection of these. They are stubby and drill a quick accurate hole. I have been installing brackets on the spars as of late and that has been about it. I just need to get these mounted to the fuselage in the driveway and get the #1 ribs, butt ribs, fuel tanks mounted before the cool season sets in. Still doable but delayed. On the plus side. I have got that promotion down at work I have wanted for the last 15 yrs. So it looks like I will be driving the cobra down to advanced flight systems next week to get some of the components for the wing build part and get and advanced panel started. On the delay side of things. About 2 months ago my mom 84yrs was diagnosed with a form or cancer that will end her life in about 6 months so I just need to be there for her. Wow, it takes up most of my time but worth it. Make you really appreciate what you have left and get after it even more.
    Starfox

Default Re: Starfox Update

Jim, sorry to hear about your mom’s diagnosis. Spend as much time with her as possible.
    Congrats on the promotion. Sounds like your plate is very full right now. Life does get complicated from time to time. Hang in there.
    Prayers for your mom.🙏❤️

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Default Re: Update going sideways

Quote Originally Posted by SomeDay7 View Post
    About 2 months ago my mom 84yrs was diagnosed with a form or cancer that will end her life in about 6 months so I just need to be there for her. Wow, it takes up most of my time but worth it. Make you really appreciate what you have left and get after it even more.

Glad you got a promotion you've been wanting. Sorry to hear about your mother, I've been through this with my father already. She is the important thing right now, Life is short no matter what age we are.
    Harlan
    Harlan and Susan Payne
    Sold Piper Archer
    Flying FarmFox STI Kitfox N61HP
    Rotax 915is, Airmaster prop
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5A...oCVUP15G0uB-Yw

So sorry to hear. Prayers to you and yours. Congrats on the promotion! Airplane will be there when your through the storm.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Thanks you guys! Just feel stalled out right now but I know things will get going again.
    Starfox

Default Lift Strut Attach Brackets

These brackets are now on and I can concentrate on getting the other parts ready to go on out in the driveway for a few days. Hope the weather holds out for a few weeks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Starfox

Default Re: Lift Strut Attach Brackets

Quote Originally Posted by SomeDay7 View Post
    These brackets are now on and I can concentrate on getting the other parts ready to go on out in the driveway for a few days. Hope the weather holds out for a few weeks.
    Did you mount the wings before attaching those? With the quick build wings I'd think they are marked in the right place. I just started on my wings last night and am about ready to start on those also.
    Harlan and Susan Payne
    Sold Piper Archer
    Flying FarmFox STI Kitfox N61HP
    Rotax 915is, Airmaster prop
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5A...oCVUP15G0uB-Yw

Factory had them marked and ready to mount with the quick build wing and pre- rigging option. Will need to recheck the wing sweep, dihedral and twist after the #1 rib is all in place.
    Starfox

Wow. That quick build wing and pre- rigging option saved a lot of time. I remember some nail biting moments tweaking everything to get it dialed in.
    Somebody said that carrier pilots were the best in the world, and they must be or there wouldn't be any of them left alive. — Ernie Pyle

Brett Butler
    Flying: 1998 Model 5 Outback, 912ul Zipper 110hp, G3x avionics, ss7 upgrades

yeah me too. stressed me out for the longest time when people brought this subject up. I guess since Ive been flying for 200 hours now I know I did it right. My heart didn't skip when this subject came up this time.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X