Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Starfox Update

Default Re: Starfox Update

Crabbing this last weekend on Hoods Canal. Distractions. Shoot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Starfox

You're a Western Washingtonian through and through: Dungeness crab marinated in Starbucks non-dairy creamer.
    Eric Page
    Building: Kitfox 5 Safari | Rotax 912iS | Dynon HDX
    Member: EAA Lifetime, AOPA, ALPA
    ATP: AMEL | Comm: ASEL, Glider | ATCS: CTO
    Map of Landings

Guess I didn’t notice my friends creamer there. My wife makes great crab stuffed mushrooms though.
    Starfox

Very nice! I'll be right over.
    Eric Page
    Building: Kitfox 5 Safari | Rotax 912iS | Dynon HDX
    Member: EAA Lifetime, AOPA, ALPA
    ATP: AMEL | Comm: ASEL, Glider | ATCS: CTO
    Map of Landings

I don’t know why but these retention straps worried me. Didn’t have a good way to make them. Had to improvise. Came out good I think.
    Starfox

Few days in on the build this month. Rudder pedals with master cylinders are in now. Some worry on the bearings for the tubes. Welded areas were not quite round and took some filing and sanding for fitment. Very smooth now. Springs were easy to mount. I put them on before installing the unit in the fuselage. Mounted the other pulleys on the fuselage along with the tubes for the rudder cables. Wasn’t crazy about sanding the tubes like in the manual so I reamed the mounting locations and glued them in with some 3m fast cure 5200 after roughing up the tube with 80 grit. Going to wait on the cable swaging and moving on to the tail. The mounting points for the tail were slightly off which made for some binding. The elevator had this problem which I corrected with some grinding on the bushings and mounting brackets. This just needed the bottom rod end bearing to be ground on top with a washer on the bottom. To day I’m working on the tail and rudder ribs. Finally got a cold spell out side so it’s great to be in my shop today.
    Starfox

Default Tail

Completed the tail assembly last night with two coats of varnish. Top was done up to match the over all square look of the STI. Think it will be ok to pull fabric over. Now on to the seat pan in next few days.
    Starfox

Nice workmanship on your vertical stab/rudder!
    "Somebody said that carrier pilots were the best in the world, and they must be or there wouldn't be any of them left alive." Ernie Pyle

Brett Butler
    Flying: N46KF, 1998 Model 5 Outback, 912ul 110hp, G3x with 2 axis a/p, Beringer wheels & brakes, SS7 firewall forward, NR prop, Custom paint

Default Seat Pan

The seat pan is in now. Couple of days of fitting and trying on some of the parts that go with it. After getting it close, I just had to see we’re the cushions sat to get an idea of the front of the seat pan. The instructions give you the option to take out some center for clearance. I’m leaving it as the cushions go well past that. Took some shots of the cushions to compare the sizes I have. I remember when ordering I wasn’t sure what I was looking at. Here it is. The medium side by side. Medium and large. Medium and small. Large and small. And then, the large and small side by side. 1inch, 2 inch, 3 inch. Should cover the people that fly with me.
    The rest of the pictures are the pan with the fittings done up. The holes for the belts and how the belts fit. Center fitment seemed slightly off but just seen Harlan’s video and the velour seems to cover that up nicely.
    Starfox

Default Seat pan

Couple more pics.
    Starfox