Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Acme Aero Shocks

Default Acme Aero Shocks

Has anyone tried Acme Aero Shocks? Seems
    the go to are the Tk1 Monster Shocks but the Acme Aeros are a much smaller and lighter system so they would not have as large of an airspeed penalty. After watching the recent videos posted seems they know what they are doing.

Default Re: Acme Aero Shocks

Do they have a shock for the Kitfox yet? Last I heard it was still in development

They developed a flat plate mount that needed a slight tweak so I'm working with them to get the tail plate correct and will have it next week. The front shocks are available now.

Any idea of price range for the front shocks? Monster Shocks are just way to expensive

Dont hold me to this but i think they said $2500-2700 for my KF1 W/4” extended gear, ive been flying my buddies 180hp 6” extended gear supercub, first stock bungies then we installed the acme shocks on the gear and the tail wheel setup they sell.
    And HOLY MOLY THOSE R SWEET!!!!!! Makes a guy like me that not the best lander yet into a smooth landing β€œnew” pro. Hahahahaaaa ill b buying a set for my KF soon as i can afford them.

doing some research and came across this old thread. Is there anything out there that compares Monster vs Acme for the Kitfox?

Quote Originally Posted by RK772 View Post
    doing some research and came across this old thread. Is there anything out there that compares Monster vs Acme for the Kitfox?
    I'm not aware of anything that compares the two specifically, but the fact that Kitfox now offeres the Acme shocks instead of the TK1's tells me enough. Plus having flown a super cub with the Black Ops shocks and whoa, they're REALLY good. I'm on the shortlist for a set for my KF7SS

I am been running the Acme shocks on a iv with highwing aftermarket gear.
    I am more than happy.
    ZERO rebound